Curieous on car parts for 00 2.5RS

Vertigo101

Once you go Subaru nothing else is the same
Hey guys what do you think about some plans of mine for my Subaru?

1. Fresh Paint job Silverhorn Metallic

2. Dents, Dings and rust fixed

3. New front bumper

4. New rug. Old is really worn.

Please take a look at some of my Subaru pictures and suggest things if you can because I'd love to make this car a little better then it currently is in terms of performance, handling, looks.

Currently the four things I listed are plans for this year and the rest I could plan later down the road but I'd like to get an idea of what I can do to the car.

I know I can do a WRX swap and I think that would kick some butt but I am unsure about how much the hole swap will cost and where I can find a decent engine and what year would work best for my 00 2.5RS with out breaking the bank.

I don't have a lot of income right now so I figure I'd have to save up and get some nice upgrades in my near future.

I'd like to know if I need to replace my JDM spoiler because the break light was painted pure black before I bought it and I wanted a working spoiler light.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Rust repair and a paint job would be nice, it'll cost a decent amount though! And that's a regular USDM RS coupe spoiler, so you should be able to just get another one.

Matt

Readily available on rs25. Wrx swap done right will cost you 5-8 grand. Just get a set of cams and send them to delta for a grind and then send your ecu to Crawford for a reflash. Roughly 600-700. Paint and body work will cost you 4 grand done right. Upgrade your suspension.

Vertigo101

Iboc's best friend is a professional painter for houses and he is going to do my car. I am unsure if my car is the Guinea pig or not o_O

The ecu thing you was talking about sounds like that be a great upgrade for me. What exactly will it do to my subaru?

@Adida Nice I thought I had the JDM spoiler.

Is the JDM spoiler the really short one? I have that one as well in storage.

@Matt 0RS25 What kind of suspension should I be looking at?

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

nope, the shorty and the one you have are the usdm spoilers........crawford offers 3 or 4 levels, 20-25 hp gains....put you around 160-170whp.

i did strut and spring upgrades, bilsteins and eibach springs, initially did a wrx sway bar but just upgraded to a massive cusco bar. if your car has higher mileage replacing the bushings will tighten it back up.

Vertigo101

Hmm. not sure exactly what I might need I may have the bushings.

I'll talk to Iboc tomorrow

sooch

Type-RA
-lower it with springs or coils

-fat sway bars and bushings

-short shifter

-new wheelz and tires since your make you look 4x4 status

-new corner lights switched to jdm clears or ambers

-repaint bumper, dont get rid of it, doesn't look too bad

-jdm rear spats

-jdm rear bumper (smooth)

-ver 5/6 wing or 22b replica (the big ones)

-tint

good luck.

Vertigo101

love all the suggestions! keep them comming.

This makes me even more excited to own a Subaru I bought off Mainely Subaru!

Here is what I know about the car.

Engine:

-K&N air filter

-Strut bar

-Tune ups

-Short throw shifter and bushings. (Pics on profile)

Car:

-JDM front grll ??

-JDM hood emblem

-WRX Wheels and tires

-WRX seats

-Dirty impreza stickers

-Custom gauge face plate (White)

-Carbon fiber trim around shifter and cd player

-Carbon fiber stage 2 scoop

-Hala fog lights

- 1.5" Lift kit

I seam to be missing some kind of light or maybe it is a clear cut corner lenses on my front bumper

@sooch is this what you mean by 22b replica (big)

Thing looks amazing but the down side is I don't know any one that could do something like that correctly unless there is some one on the forums.

IBratmanI

The grille us a regular grille, and the badge is an i badge. Did you install the lift? The things missing on the front bumper are of no real importance, they are just little orange grilles from the factory. And chances are, the gauge cluster is a factory RS cluster as well, they came with white faces. That 22b replica is nice! There are companies that make the wide body kits, but they are expensive, and then the work that a body shop needs to do to blend them in is expensive as well. But they look awesome!

Also, you do have JDM tail lights.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
painting cars and painting houses are not even on the same level.... if your going to take the time to paint the car, have someone who knows what they are doing do the job, unless you want to do it twice.

Vertigo101

Hehe I think George will be fine painting it and I think Iboc is going to help him I am not sure.

He offered and I wanted to give him a shot. If things don't look right I can always get it done by a pro but I have faith in him.

I think the car has a 1.5" lift kit, that is what the guy said when I bought it.

@Ibratman I would love to have the 22b replica but the total cost of buying and installing might be 2,000+ is my guess and that is to have it done right.

No one where I currently am know how to install after market kits

IBratmanI

I looked at this car when it was on craigslist down near Rockland. I didn't seem to have a lift then, but who knows. And any reputable body shop could install the wide body kit. But.....if I remember correctly, the kit alone costs more than that $2,000 number you just said. It would probably be more than that to have the kit installed and then painted. Then you'd need to buy new wheels too.

Vertigo101

Holy crap o_O have to be either extremely dedicated to your car for the next 5 years or rich to get that wide body on.

sooch

Type-RA
I personally don't see the point in the wide body if your car has 165 crank horsepower. You will spend more on paint body work than the car itself is worth. I meant the 22b replica wing, not go all out and spend 5k to get everything buttoned up. Not to mention the widebody kits are fiberglass or carbon fiber which is shit for a daily driver. Stick to little mods until you are financially ready to spend lots of money on an investment that you will never get your money back on.

IBratmanI

I personally don't see the point in the wide body if your car has 165 crank horsepower. You will spend more on paint body work than the car itself is worth. I meant the 22b replica wing, not go all out and spend 5k to get everything buttoned up. Not to mention the widebody kits are fiberglass or carbon fiber which is shit for a daily driver. Stick to little mods until you are financially ready to spend lots of money on an investment that you will never get your money back on.
Yeah I'd only ever do it if I had a swapped GC.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
This thread...

Housepaint and car paint are different things. I don't have much faith in that endevor.

I don't get the need everyone has to mod their car to make it more them or mad tyte or all this other stuff. Most mods people do are dumb as hell.

If it were my RS, I'd do matinance items, bushings, suspension, and seperate winter and summer tires.

Bodykits are dumb for 99% of most applications. Seriously, they're terrible.

Most people just want to bolt crap on to their cars to increase their mod list though.

IBratmanI

Dan, you're so negative! Lol. It's all in taste. Some people just want to do stuff for looks. Others for performance. Some do both. we can give advise on things, but it's ultimately up to the owner of the car to mod their car how they choose. with that said, Dan is right about bushings, suspension, maintenance, and making sure you have the right tires for being safe year round!

Vertigo101

I am rolling on winter tires I think with my wrx rims all year long.

I know I need a set of summer tires and rims but I am unsure on what brand to go with. If I do get summer tires and rims it will be next year

I know house paint and car paint are differant things but hey its free why not give him a shot? My paint already looks bad and is very rough to the touch.

i-wagon

Uniroyal tiger paws are good 3 season tires for low cost. Honestly I agree with dan for the most part, replace anything to do with drivability, then go for personalizing. And also maybe replace all fluids, some people look right over that. Just don't use synthetic gear oil, long story I'd talk about in pm

Latest posts

Back