CUV Tires, what do you guys use?

Stein

Stein
Dad's Murano needs new tires for an inspection.

Tires are 235/65/18 if it matters.

They've got to be all season. He doesn't want to have to deal with switching tires when snow hits.

I was looking at the General Grabber HTS because so many people here love the Grabber AT series, but some of the reviews on Tirerack say they only get 15k miles out of it, or the balance is constantly going, or they get flat spots every night from parking.

For those of you with SUVs of all sizes, what do you run for tires and what do you think of them? I know the NEFR sweep guys have larger SUVs, but I figure its close enough.

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Dad's Murano needs new tires for an inspection.

Tires are 235/65/18 if it matters.

They've got to be all season. He doesn't want to have to deal with switching tires when snow hits.

I was looking at the General Grabber HTS because so many people here love the Grabber AT series, but some of the reviews on Tirerack say they only get 15k miles out of it, or the balance is constantly going, or they get flat spots every night from parking.

For those of you with SUVs of all sizes, what do you run for tires and what do you think of them? I know the NEFR sweep guys have larger SUVs, but I figure its close enough.
We are all running A/T or M/T tires.

But, I can tell you from experience from my wife's Honda Ridgline Michelin LTS m/s tires are great!

They have great tread wear and are siped very well for snow.

that http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=LTX+M%2FS

But the only size they have is +1 245/60/18

Another opion is the Michelin Cross terrain SUV

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Cross+Terrain+SUV&partnum=365SR8CTSUVV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

i-wagon

Last I knew there were few options for the size a murano runs. My stepmom gets whatever walmart has and they're pretty good. Decent ride, handle good and ok in the snow for how mild the tread is. Goodyear somethingorother

Stein

Stein
We've got Goodyears on there right now (OEM still I think), and definitely want to try another brand this time.

Pedro, I saw those Hankooks and wanted to get 'em, but the tread looks all wrong for snow (and reviews/surveys seem to say the same). My Ventus V12s were awesome on the 4000 mile drive west.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
All Seasons are not snow tires.

But these spec out quite favorably for snow in reality. I am not sure what you are seeing in the tread design, but they are siped, small multi segment block tread with a center ciped rib for directional stability.

on your last point, are you comparing these to the V12 Hankooks?

Stein

Stein
No, not at all. Just comparing pictures of other 235/65/18 tires I saw on Tirerack.

Mebe I just don't know as much about tread as I thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
No, not at all. Just comparing pictures of other 235/65/18 tires I saw on Tirerack.

Mebe I just don't know as much about tread as I thought.
Nate, consider checking thru Tirerack site, what is the next narrowest size that would work. Narrower tire offers better bite in snow w/o huge tradeoff in pavement performance, esp for normal street driving w/o any worries about 'how fast it'd be in AX' or whatever.

Latest posts

Back