Dash Removal

4WRXter

Skier!
It seems that I have a dead mouse in my car. I have checked the obvious spots-spare tire well, glove box. I started tearing into the "dash". Got the heater fan out, got in as far as the A/C core. No mouse. Took out the center console, radio, heat & a/c controls, gauge pod. I'm wondering if the mouse may be in some air ducts. As far as I can tell my next step would be to remove the dash and passenger air bag. I'm assuming that is necessary to access the air ducts from what I can tell.

The big question is: Can I disconnect the battery, track down any connections, and remove the dash with the airbag? I REALLY didn't/don't want to set that off.

Any suggestions?

Matt

It won't go off unless you apply power and ground directly to the air bag. Id unhook the battery obviously just to be safe. Dead animals suck to find. Unless its a huge snake
c6e4c992-4d29-ddc7.jpg

One of the guys at work had this unfortunate job

rallyimp

The airbag comes out with the dash, just disconnect it correctly and you should be fine. There's two screws up top of the dash that you have to pop that vent out to see, I didn't realize this when i first started trying to take it out.

4WRXter

Skier!
Thanks guys! Dash may be coming out if it doesn't rain. Then trim pieces and seats for carpet replacement.

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
Did you check cowl panel under wiper area? Mice nest near airbox intake can smell too.

Mighty Subie

I can attest that pulling the dash sucks... I helped Chad pull his... definitely not a fun adventure. keep a bowl or two around for all of the screws so you don't lose them. take your time. there will be screws that you don't see the first few times you look.

sooch

Type-RA
removing the dash is easy. Then just lose about every bolt/ screw except for 4, that way its easier to put back in AND take back out. PLUS weight savings #hellalight

Meyagi

I'm a hack
hahahahahaha yeah dont be a sooch and lose all the bolts! and dont run your harnesses wrong because then your dash needs to come back out again
default_tongue.png

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
You only need, like, what 10 bolts to hold that car together, right Neil? All size 10mm? #hellatytejdmyo

Latest posts

Back