Dealer service depts...

mikebike357

Took my mom's 05 Outback XT to the dealer here in Pittsburgh today to get the window washer nozzles fixed. They weren't squirting. Turns out, the hose burst and they have to order a new hose. Wonderful. So it was also in need of an oil change so they changed the oil.

Started driving home and noticed an oil smell. Figured they spilled some down onto the header (which you can see right down below the oil fill spout). Well, when I stopped at a light and smoke was pouring out of the hoodscoop and from the sides of the hood I figured I better pull over. Turns out they forgot to put the oil fill cap back on. NICE!!!!! So, turned around and went back. WTF. Got a free oil change out of it but it still has to go back on Monday for the washer part.

Rightseat

you experience is a compelling incentive to do basic maint yourself

that way if the fill cap gets left off, you know exactly who to kick in the shorts. ;D

Dave G

"...Embrace loose gravel, beware big trees..."

stainless

I think i would have aksed for more than a free oil change.

like hows about paying for a dyno run and see if the enigne is now below stock hp...

or more realisticly get em IN Writing to agree to a Engine rebuild or replacement it that one dies in 10k...

of course if you only went a few miles probly little harm was done(mostly oil smoking on the outside..)

but it is kinda like a doctor not stiching you up after surgery...

mikebike357

If the oil light had come on, i'd be more concerned. But it didn't. We only went a few miles down the road. I think it only blew out oil when I gunned it pulling out into traffic.

But yaah, i'm all for DIY basic maintenance on my cars.

Latest posts

Back