Decisions decisions.....

Mr Mike

As I have said before, I'm new to this fancy ignition and what not... being a old VW lover... what is exactly a FMIC and what does it do??

mike

chris.j

Front Mount Intercooler. Takes the tiny intercooler off the top of the engine and replaces it with a much larger unit, located in front of the radiator. This will drop the intake air temp considerably, and with a replacement intake (I assume?) would allow for much greater airflow.

D

Dizastical

Lets tune it ! Give me a call at the shop and I can let you know a price and availability of an appointment for you . Has the UTEC been tuned yet ?

Dave

chris.j

I flip flopped over and over, and decided it was time to hold off on the engine for now. I ended up getting KYB AGX struts and ver8 STi springs and tops. They should arrive by next week and be in the next day
default_biggrin.png

Not been tuned and I think I've spent the allowance, but I should call and find out anyhow. Can't wait til the 30th!

D

Dizastical

So you are running a TurboXS MAP ? If so I can almost agrantee you 25-30 HP @ the wheels ! It takes about 3 hours to tune the car . 1 - 1.5 hours on the dyno and the rest road tuning on the street . We can strap it down on the dyno the 30th as a baseline run anyway . It only gets better from there !

Dave

Latest posts

Back