DIY Mod

MuddyWRX

Step 1: Cruise to work at 5:30 in the morning at 60 mph.

Step 2: Hit big raccoon.

Step 3: Admire results.

092811181257.jpg

093011085255.jpg

093011085244.jpg

092811181307.jpg

I swear this car is cursed, second time to the body shop in the last 6 months! At least I know how much washer fluid I have left at a glance...

Last edited by a moderator:

Iboc_C64

Damnit, I can't see pics at work. I feel your pain though, Im on bumper #3 and it has a crack in it. The car is only 2 1/2 years old. Lost the first one to a flying stick kicked up by a truck and the second to a deer.

MuddyWRX

Yeah it was a big one. The people who saw it in the road later that day said it was almost a foot high just lying there. He came out at a run, I swerved and kept him from hitting right in front and going under but it wasn't enough to miss him. I very badly wanted to stop and kick the body on my way back, but someone either threw it in the woods, or took it home for some odd reason...
default_blink.png

Iboc_C64

MMMM, Time for some dead thing pie!... whats in it?... Dead things. LOLZ

Hey Bubba, get out and grab that dead coon.... Why?.... DINNER!!!

Sorry, had to ha ha.

i-wagon

Some people use the fur to tie flies ( for fly fishin) sorry to hear. I'll kill more wildlife on your behalf

MuddyWRX

A co-worker has a '10 Mustang GT that he absolutely babies, won't drive in the rain, winter etc. So of course I give him crap, so does his wife. And knowing how we are with cars, once she saw mine she went and got a sympathy card for me lol.

Looking like 2nd week of October for the body shop, ~$1400 in damages. Not as bad as I thought it would be, actually.

Iboc_C64

$1400? Damn, that seems about $600 more than I paid for similar damage. If I were you I would ask for an Itemized estimate on that one because the 2009s bumper was about $350 to $400 and the foglight was $150 or so, then paint and labor. And trust me, there isn't much labor in taking these bumpers off or putting them on. Anyone else thinking similarly or does something about the 2011s body cost twice as much?

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
I tried a similar mod to my old Bugeye wag....it wasn't a coon, but a vicious mailbox hiding in a Quebec snowbank

...condolences on your loss

MuddyWRX

Normally the exposed tire look is what I am going for, this is the first time I'm not but I achieved it anyways.

I have the itemized estimate from both insurance and the body shop, they are within ~$200 of eachother, labor being the difference. The individual parts aren't bad on price, but there are tons of small parts on these things. Bumper, fog light surround, fog light, side vent thingy,tow hook cover, plus multiple under plastic pieces. After doing the RA flaps, the body and trim of the car almost reminds me of a 1:1 scale plastic model. It just all snaps together.

Also thanks for the sympthy everyone. Im tempted to rally it a bit since I don't have to worry about ripping off the bumper
default_additional_hyper2.gif

Latest posts

Back