Don't forget to block the wheels, people!!!

i-wagon

Shut off in reverse, parking brake, 8x8 block of wood. Only way I could do more is chain in to my dads truck :) it's not worth your life to take a 30 second shortcut by not securing the vehicle you're working under.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
jackstands! jackstands set on 18" square 3/4" plywood pads = even better

not sure from original article if the injured guys' truck was supported on jacks or stands....

recently I was working on my boat trailer bearings, and a stand sheared thru 3/8" plywood pad underneath. boat & trailer hit the ground, fortunately no damage to lower unit on the outboard...

Jacking up big heavy things is serious bidness.

i-wagon

I haz a concrete floor to work on, brand new 3 ton jackstands, and ditto on thick plywood, my mom put her cherokee on stands and it sank an inch into the asphalt of her driveway. working on anything outside is more treacherous with uneven grades and such

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I haz a concrete floor to work on, brand new 3 ton jackstands, and ditto on thick plywood, my mom put her cherokee on stands and it sank an inch into the asphalt of her driveway. working on anything outside is more treacherous with uneven grades and such
7QGlc.jpg

Latest posts

Back