drifting last week in NH!

b13-t

ok, so it doesn't have a boxer motor, shoot me. lol, and dont mind my friends commentating!

b13-t

umm yessss!! become a member of nedrift.com, and its 50 bucks for 5 hours, just bring a helmet and sign the waver! cant hurt to try!

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
cant hurt to try!
well, actually it could hurt quite a bit...them walls look mean and aren't that far away
default_additional_sillylol.gif

ReZPunK

meh....if it floats your boat. id rather see more if a togue style action rather than oval track powerslides. but as long as you are having fun, enjoy.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Well its fun in a hop'd up 240 but I bet I would end up just going around as fast as I could. Haha

b13-t

with almost 400 hp, im sure you could slide it with a little dccd persuasion.. and as for the touge thing, hell yeah! just not very easy finding a place around here you can do that.. the only event we have like that is Mt. Ascutney hillclimbs in vermont, where the road is about a car and a half wide and 100 foot drop offs.. kinda scary! but fun nonetheless.. STinate, lemme know if you are serious about trying it, we can arrange a date to go down!

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Yea after I get my car running good I will try it out. Should be a few more weeks. What the hell right?

ReZPunK

with almost 400 hp, im sure you could slide it with a little dccd persuasion.. and as for the touge thing, hell yeah! just not very easy finding a place around here you can do that.. the only event we have like that is Mt. Ascutney hillclimbs in vermont, where the road is about a car and a half wide and 100 foot drop offs.. kinda scary! but fun nonetheless.. STinate, lemme know if you are serious about trying it, we can arrange a date to go down!
yeah its more about car control than just powersliding for sure. being able to link turns and set up the car in the proper fashion. now that's fun. doing it on dirt is fun too.

b13-t

i agree with you, but 3-4th gear on an oval is pretty exciting too.. high speed entries are a blast, and that's not something you can do on a touge run for the most part.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I would love to see some STi drifting!!! STiNate, definitely get some video if you go!!

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
I used to do a little drifting for the hell of it in my last sti. Its not great for the drivetrain though. As long as you ease the dccd on back your all set.

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I used to do a little drifting for the hell of it in my last sti. Its not great for the drivetrain though. As long as you easy the dccd on back your all set.
Yeah, I know it's hard on the equipment! But I bet that DCCD is fun!! I have always wanted to try out an STi, I have driven a WRX that had 300 to the wheels but I'd just like to play with the DCCD in an STi

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
I used to do a little drifting,,,not great for the drivetrain though. As long as you easy the dccd on back your all set.
drifting and 'easy on DCCD' is kinda oxymoron

diffs want grip, driver wants slip....hp > tires = smoke + sideways......driver smiles, equipment suffers.

simple equation.

Last edited by a moderator:

b13-t

its actually harder than it looks, especially trying to link the straightaways.. that's all 3rd gear pinned btw, incase you think it looks slow..

next time we are running is June 13th. location is at Star speedway in epping nh (1/2 mile down the road from NED). it would be cool if some of you highhp guys came and tried it, or if there was a whole group to come watch and bbq if you want.. its free to watch!
default_biggrin.png

b13-t

ok, date has been changed once more and now finalized.. friday the 19th.. 5-10 pm, everyone get out of work early. im leaving at 3pm from lewiston if people want to caravanavanavan..

Latest posts

Back