Drove the NEW STi Sedan!!!

AiRX

What a rush!! We got one in today. Silver Limited with an SPT boost pod and NAV. Took it to get gassed up. Only 2.5 miles but it was crazy. All the hype is real!! Nice package and the look is better in person. It's all detailed up and in the Showroom at Subaru. Tried to convince the wife I needed to write a check for 40k, I got no response.

02 WRX Chris

Oh god....if you buy that greg, i want your car! lol

XDIRTYX

just saw a dark blue sedan at patriot, had 3 options $39k ill pass. i love the sti's but $14k less for a wrx that's faster, cant wrap my head around it. plus the wrx is wide body now, drool

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
i wonder if that will be my loaner car when i drop my wrx off at evergreen tomorrow......I could only wish lol

Ryan

just saw a dark blue sedan at patriot, had 3 options $39k ill pass. i love the sti's but $14k less for a wrx that's faster, cant wrap my head around it. plus the wrx is wide body now, drool
Even though I do agree with you, the 6 speed trans is really the deal breaker.

stiXXX

The 2011 WRX and STI are, for the first time, VERY DIFFERENT cars.

Note below, please:

43fd1eef-0c22-c2d6.jpg

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
Nice. I def. want to see one in person sometime. Glad that you enjoyed it
+1

We had a black one delivered to Quirk today. Sweet car, but sticker was 37k+.
I haven't seen one on road yet, but my dad has. Quite unique for a sube. they selling already apparently.

I'd like to see the real width of it in person, they only played with less than inches.. the rest is eye candy.

this is significant in that subaru has toyed with 64.5+/- tiny bits driveline width for many years (even the old gl/loyale with wheels hanging out are there)..they stayed the same and pretended different...through the entire ej generation.

the 2011 should be a bit more for real.
default_smile.png

a big deal for suby fans.

Exterior Dimensions Wheelbase 103.3 in

Length, Overall 180.3 in

Width, Max w/o mirrors 70.3 in

Height, Overall 58.1 in

Track Width, Front 60.2 in

Track Width, Rear 60.6 in

Min Ground Clearance 6.1 in

Liftover Height N/A in
ok. i guess they did not do anyhting.

my gl is at 59.7 oem, it is now at 61+...

the sti got a sway bar upgrade to 21mm...

I am eyeing a 22 for even an old gl.

they did not get bigger.

they be at sneaky marketing again. slicker than a dell or compaq.

the diggerence is in the body. A 1987 is 64.5, the sti is at 70.. less than 3 inches per side bigger. amazing what some art can do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back