DSLR Camera Helpppp

Nikki

I just got a Canon Rebel T3, and literally have NO idea how to utilize it for all that it has to offer. Anyone have any pointers?

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
Read the manual front to back and then just take it out and play with it. You will learn the most by just experimenting. I'd also recommend getting a UV filter if you haven't already, it will protect your lens(es) (provided you get one for every lens).  Lastly, get some good photo editing software, I use Photoshop CS6. (If you have a mac PM me, I may be able to hook you up.)

Nikki

Awesome. I was trying to avoid reading the manual but I guess it's inevitable. Which lenses do you have?

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
My camera is a Nikon D90, and I only have the one it came with which is an 18-105. Eventually I'd like to get something up to 300mm, a fish-eye, and a lower end fixed lens for portraits. Once you use whatever lens you have now for a while you'll get a feel for what you'll want in the future for lenses, but I'm guessing that whatever is on there now is going to work well for 95% of applications. I can't stress the UV filter enough though, they're only about $10.

Latest posts

Back