Dusty much..?

Ty Ty

Reshelled my computer from my old Thermaltake Armor into a new Corsair 650D.

Lookie what I found when I pulled the radiator off the back of the old case..

6733634209_885284a36f_b.jpg

Ha!

The old case. (old picture from log ago...I've had the case for several computer builds)

1217593385_1b92091a0b_o.jpg

New case

6733640245_33e033681c_b.jpg

Hurray for cable management.

6736477037_91b99c57f1_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Nice setup. I'll have to take a picture of the inside of one of the 200 desktops at work.... I'll try and find a good one that's sat on the floor for a few years
default_smile.png

Mighty Subie

Looks great. I haven't built a computer since 2005! But its fun. And cable management like that looks awesome! Must be a huge case. I can't tell on my cell.

02 WRX Chris

Wow, I wish my computer looked like that! I have cables all over the place!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Oh it's fabulous! I have a bunch of extra connectors soldered on from old broken power supplies. Because my mobo needs two molex connectors, gpu needs two, I have five hard drives, two CD drives, a floppy, bunch of fans.... etc. It's a nasty beautiful mess. It's a lot better than my old machine with 9 84-pin SCSI drives... Maybe I can find a pic somewhere of that.

02 WRX Chris

There it is....in all of its glory!

computerwires.jpg

Last edited:

Ty Ty

Well, the built in fan controller died after only a day, and I was forced to pull the controller out of my old case..

6772345545_1c6e5edf34_b.jpg

I ordered a new case already, because this one has pissed me off too much.

Mmmm...special edition graphite white...

6772343513_31b0297b5d_b.jpg

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Why? That black case looks pretty nice. Looks like it has a lot of hard drive bays. I should have mentioned, I have 4 drives on eSATA because I don't have enough room in the case...

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Well, one miniDV tape = 13GB.

I have about 40 of those from my family's travels.

Same goes for thousands of uncompressed photos.

Plus space for all the media after it's processed, etc.

I have tons of music, do a lot of computer work. So I have disc images of all sorts of different operating systems, virtual systems, and whatnot.

Then backup from my email/firewall server.

It all comes out to many TB of crap.

Ty Ty

If I really wanted to have a standalone machine for storage, I would probably use this one and swap out the drives I have in it for 3tb drives.

6148291584_44f3897c1c_z.jpg

6147741299_ea0c83cd90_z.jpg

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I run debian linux on all my stuff. Have been for years.

I don't want to run a standalone. It's easier to just have everything on the same machine. It takes up more room and power, etc. I have a gigantic 5U server box I could use if I wanted to...

inski

Lookin good you GEEKS!

I'll snap a pic of my internet blazer my son built for me once the sun hits this room again...

Latest posts

Back