Dylan's 2007 WRX Limited

SoMeWRX

Well, I have had this car for over a year and never started one of these so here we go.

Purchased as a CPO vehicle at Tri City with 26k miles on it in 2011. Never modded, super clean, 1 owner. Traded in my 2006 Colorado and sold privately a modded 2000 VW TDI to pay for it. I had always wanted a WRX but never had the job to support it. Lucky for me, this changed!

A few weeks after I brought it home (Rally Armors were first mod to protect the quarters, I like dirt roads but despise scratches):

Shortly after I slapped on an Invidia Q300 catback.

And in the spring an Invidia 3" DP. Used all Grimmspeed gaskets for the turboback and they have worked great.

Next came Cobb AP Stg 2 tune and some headlight work from Apkarian in the spring...Angel eyes and HIDs plus HID fogs

Last edited by a moderator:

SoMeWRX

Threw on a bit of tint in July...

Put on an ebay lip on Monday, worked out pretty well. Install was a pain because the mold was crap. I ended spending about half an hour sanding the contact surfaces and getting it cleaned up. However, for $60 shipped it looks good and I only had to drill two small holes. The instructions called for "a must" two sided tape install...what a flippin' sham, why is that even suggested?

Pics of before and after:

Some fun dirt driving!

Last edited by a moderator:

SoMeWRX

Playing around with this idea lately. I recently sold my 1965 Barracuda and definitely wish I had not sold it. However, I kept some momentos from it, one being the barracuda emblem from the driver's door panel with the original manufacturing numbers, VIN etc. I am thinkin about trying to create a custom license plate delete with it. Any thoughts? I think a piece of aluminum cut around it will work, I just need a way to secure it to the aluminum and car without drilling it. Taking all suggestions...

Pics of my last project, just for kicks...

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
That's a unique idea to commemorate the Barracuda, it seems tasteful, I say go for it. Just don't go putting VW badges or Audi rings on that WRX or we have problems.
default_wink.png

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
very nice Dylan! I like the make-it-yourself exhaust gasket lol. I bought myself a sheet of gasket material at NAPA and can make make about 20 of those for the $20 sheet. Not the best stuff but if you double gasket and torque it, it actually does it's job!

SoMeWRX

very nice Dylan! I like the make-it-yourself exhaust gasket lol. I bought myself a sheet of gasket material at NAPA and can make make about 20 of those for the $20 sheet. Not the best stuff but if you double gasket and torque it, it actually does it's job!
that's a pretty gasket......used car tech approved
default_additional_thumbsup.gif
Hahaha thanks guys. I used that for a few months but I switched it out for a Grimmspeed when I did the DP. Worked great though!

Latest posts

Back