eBay WIN - Cheap parts, name brand performance

roadtrip1098

Not to be confused with the eBay parts failure thread located here: http://www.mainelysubarus.com/forums/topic/14163-ebay-failures-parts-purchased-from-ebay-that-fail/ This thread is dedicated to the parts that we have gambled on eBay with and ended up on top. Let this thread serve as proof that, on occasion a name is just a name and doesn't really mean the part should cost 10x more. As with the other thread, if you didn't personally purchase the part, but know of someone that did, get them to come on here and brag about their success.  Here's the format:

Picture:

Link to the auction:

"Brand" name:

Price Paid:

Miles on the part:

Miscellaneous comments:

Last edited by a moderator:

Marino

I <3 BOOST
I'll start this off with the catback exhaust I got on ebay.

I know a lot of people hate on ebay exhausts but honestly in the end all it is is a pipe.

Here are a few shots:

DSCN0905_zps69d28d6a.jpg

DSCN0911_zpsed55d348.jpg

Doesn't have a "brand name" and I don't have a link because I bought it back in October.

I paid $106 shipped.

First off it came well packed, wrapped up nicely. Getting it on the car the fitment was PERFECT. Not even kidding, the hangers aligned perfectly and it didn't take too long to install (getting the old exhaust off was the hard part). It came with hardware and gaskets included. It looks amazing in my opinion and sounds great. It has a very nice deep rumble (not raspy at all). I have gotten tons of compliments on it. I'm not gonna lie, it is very loud but I like it.

But like I said, in the end it is just a catback exhaust, a metal tube. Other exhaust parts like a downpipe/uppipe I would definitely not take a gamble on as the risks are much greater. Just make sure the seller you buy from on ebay is a power seller, has good feedback, and has sold a lot of that same exhaust. I made sure to read all of the seller's feeback and see what other people said about that exhaust.

The ONLY problem I have had, is it has started to slightly rust on the hangers. But that would probably happen to any exhaust you would buy...

This is just my take, and if I had more money to spend, I would probably go with a name brand. But yeah

Matt

I bought the eBay turbo back ray and I have had an issue. Even after I rallied it still lowered. The only thing is that it's freakin loud!!

Ray

The Northernah'
Awesome, thanks Chris!

And matt do you mean "haven't" had an issue?
default_tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Northernah'
I have a catless up-pipe and magnaflow cat-back, just need the downpipe for stage 2! I already miss the power

oh5xt

I wish I would've known about a month ago!!! I gave one away to a coworker for his wrx he then decided to sell for 100% profit!!!

Latest posts

Back