ebrake/parking cable..?

STI KID

hey guys..finally got my car back last week.(will post up pics of the winter set up eventually). but i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a parking break cable? basically. my brake no longer "holds" if that makes sense..it has gotten old/rotted out i guess. and need new one. but have no idea where to look. or what exactly to look for. thnks for the help guys.

rallyxi

for what?? STI, wrx, etc...you can buy them at the dealer...shorty will hook you up in evergreen parts forums.

TheSoundMan

depending on how much slack needs to be tacken out, you can adjust it right on the handle. I did mine a couple of months ago......Just take of the plastic housing and its right there.

DimeStreetSaint

Do what TheSoundMan said but if there's too much slack in the cable you might have to adjust the rear shoes, which is easy also.

there is a plug on the backing plate of the rear rotors. Remove that plug and with a flashlight, you should see a star wheel.

There will be an arrow pointing upward and all you have to do is adjust it in that direction with a flathead screwdriver.

As soon as it tightens up, back it down 3 or 4 notches. rotate the tires as you back the notches down so you can feel when the shoes are not touching the drum. Then stick the plug back in. I think the manual says 9 clicks of the ebrake is where it should be when it's tight.

Last edited by a moderator:

DimeStreetSaint

This picture might help you also

2l3m6t.jpg

Latest posts

Back