EJ25 short block in Portland

Taiden

I have an EJ25 short block in unknown running condition.

pics on page 2!

The good:

complete rotating assembly is there with no bolts removed

crank spins freely

there is no visible wear on the cylinder walls

I haven't cracked the block halves

it's been determined that it's a late model EJ25

The bad:

I have no idea what car it came from

I have no idea what the mileage is

I have no idea what the compression numbers were

Someone on nasioc suggested I sell it for $400. I'm going to ask for $275 cos we're all cheap ass Mainahs and I imagine some of you will offer me $20, a 6 pack of Moxie and 7 grams of danks for it. I don't take bribes, just cash.
default_additional_sillylol.gif

edit: price

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Don't go bashing on Moxie, even though it is disgusting, I run it though my engine and it is faster than NoS! Yo!

Taiden

Short block, no heads. If the blocks are different between the two give me an idea how I can identify which it is and I'll get back to you on that.

Also, I should be clear. When I say "unknown running condition" that means I have no idea if it is in running condition or not.

Taiden

Come on, someone wants to build this thing and boost the **** out of it.

I'll take $300 for it for sure.

Taiden

What about one big dish with 4 valve reliefs? ha.

I'm also here to learn, so if you could outline what the difference means in terms of block identification that would be awesome.

That would also help me find pictures so I can compare and give you a concrete answer.

Evan

the guy above asking about the valve reliefs was trying to figure out if it was from a sohc or the 96-98 dohc engines. yours is the valve relief, not the square dish pistons so its the later (99+) sohc block. still used today.

North Ursalia

Don't suppose you still have this, do you? I spun bearings in my TS last night, and I just put headgaskets in the damn thing 3000 miles ago. I hate this car but need it running again
default_lost.gif

Latest posts

Back