Engine misfire on cylinder 1

Sam2011wrx

Anyone know what's going I got a check engine light code P0301 and the cylinder 1 is misfiring on 02 wrx?

Last edited by a moderator:

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
compression check. could be plugs or wire or coil pack, but since you would be in there to check the spark plug, do a compression check while you're at it. Hopefully not ringlands...

Matt

Pretty sure it's coil on plug. Do the basic diag. Swap the coils and clear the code. See if it returns on the same cylinder or jumps. If it does that its a bad coil. Swap plugs and repeat if no change. Poss bad injector and so on.

skipow

also spark plug gap. rarely a problem, but i've seen the gaps all messed up from some "special" mechanics.

DShane

ALWAYS GAP YOUR SPARK PLUGS!!!!!!!!

I had the same problem on my 02 REX when I had it, I put new plugs in and didn't gap them and it was still throwing the code, so I went BACK in and changed the plugs AGAIN, only this time I gapped them. The difference was unbelivable. From the factory those plugs can be up to .1 off from eachother, and if they are all gapped exactly the same you're engine will run mint.

skipow

ive seen kids drop them on the ground, smash the electrodes on top and then put em right in the engine. HURRDURRRR

Rmayo

check to make sure your distributor is set at the right timing...

just being sarcastic to see if matt will yell at me too

Meyagi

I'm a hack
burnt valves. becoming more and more common on the older turbo cars. got one sitting at the shop now waiting to be repaired.

Latest posts

Back