Engine rebuild questions..

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
I need to rebuild... my 1.8 .. thinking about maybe a 2.2 heads on the 1.8 block? or would that not be worth it?

Looking for info, and ideas..

Rightseat

2.5 swap, yo!

ecksjay dropped a 2.5 into his 1.8 Imp using stock ECU

old Forester or Outback 2.5s are readily available at auto recycling yards nationwide, hint hint

Dave G

ReZPunK

well we got a lead on a 2.2 from a local yard for 300 bucks. all we do is prep it for removal and he comes and picks itwith the crane truck.

looking at options. i think spending any serious money on the hog would be a waste. but it is his car and his call. i think the 2.2 motor is the way to go.

Mighty Subie

I have a 2.2L in my old Legacy L. It ran great until it shit out 2 timing belts within a couple months or each other. It has been sitting for the past couple years, but I'd be willing to part with it for cheep cheep cheep. it is still in the car and the car is up in Dexter, but if you wanted it, I could go up and pull it. It would be better if I got some help though. I also wouldn't want to part with just the heads and be left with the block. So let me know if you are interested.

-Matt-

gearsoup

ummmmm...

any head swap onto the 1.8 is going to lower compression (8:1 cr). That's fine if you want to run a turbo kit. It's going to be a dog if you keep it N/A

ReZPunK

how many miles on that Leg L 2.2? and year?

this one is a 98 with pretty low miles.. for 300 bucks...will all the goodies still attached.

ReZPunK

i went out there today to buy a replacement headlamp for the wifes Civic and he still has it..

my brother has a set of rims to sell but nobody here could use them,

Compomotive TH - used

4x100

14x5.5

selling for 300 firm...coincedence? I think not,

Mighty Subie

how many miles on that Leg L 2.2? and year?

this one is a 98 with pretty low miles.. for 300 bucks...will all the goodies still attached.

This is a '92, I can't remember how many likes, it was around 160 or something. and you would be able to rob everything you wanted off the car. You can't use the clutches or trans though because those are bad. It also doesn't have any of AC parts in it. Those were removed before I bought it. Oh, I also robbed the pulley off the alternator a couple months ago, so that's out, but I still have it in my rent's garage. $75 if you want it. It isn't doing me any good sitting up there other than taking up space, and If I had ran it recently maybe more, but since it's been sitting that's all I can justify.

Let me know. no problem if you don't want it.

Latest posts

Back