engine swap...no start.

WRB_Tank

Ok guys so here is the situation.

I recently purchased a 01 OBS that had engine problems. The timing belt tensioner had failed and when I purchased it the entire timing belt assembly was torn off the front of the motor. The previous owner had taken it to Quirk to find out what was wrong and they told him to find out if any internal damage had been done they would need to do a whole timing belt to even know...quoting him 600$ for the work. So he sold the car.

At the time I purchased it I had a 99RS that I was taking parts off so I had a 2.5 motor that I decided to swap in.

SO....I tore out the 2.2, and put the 2.5 motor in. I swapped the intake mani from the 2.2 over and used the exhaust from the 2.5 everything seemed to be going so smoothly. However when I tried to start it up I expected it to fire right up. It turns over but won't fire? I'm stumped.

Looking for any ideas or troubleshooting options.

Thanks

WRB_Tank

Everything under the hood is from the 2.2 with the exception of the engine and the exhaust mani.

It turns over but will not fire.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Join ultimatesubaru.org and ask this question in the retrofitting section, they will know

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Have you checked the vitals? fuel pressure, spark, etc? It's easy to do things like put the fuel hoses on the wrong way, or something.

Is the 2.5 a DOHC? There's something about needing to swap cam censors to put a phase1 ej25 into a phase2 ej22 car... It's definitely on ultimate subaru though.

Rallytech14

first thing id do is check vitals. spark and fuel. is the battery good? all your grounds good? start small and weed out the simple things first!

WRB_Tank

Figured out. Had to swap cam and crank sprockets from the 2.2 onto the 2.5 so the sensors would be able to read. After that it fired right up.

Latest posts

Back