Everything works out! New Car

Boynton4

So last month I figured it was time to step up the vehicle situation to the next level. I had access to a low interest rate loan through USAA due to recently commissioning as an officer in the Army.

I was looking focused mostly on WRX's, STI's, and EVO's. I was looking around craigslist and came across a nice looking 2006 aspen white STI with 75,000 miles for $18,000. I was very interested, the car had been lightly modded, but had zero mods to the intake, ECU, or exhaust. Knowing that someone hadnt messed with ecu was a definite selling point for me, and I immediately started doing the paperwork.

Fast-forward two weeks.. I now had secured the loan, and had arranged for the STI to be taken to a local dealership (vehicle was in Massachussets) to have a leakdown/compression test. The seller then emailed me back saying he wasn't going to sell the car anymore! Needless to say I was a little peturbed, I already taken out a loan, and done all this paperwork. With that falling through, I started looking around for another vehicle.

I was looking through craigslist on my phone when I came across a 2009 WRX located in New Hampshire, and I immediately emailed him. Luckily I was the first person to contact the seller, and was able to get more information from him.

He was selling his beautiful 2009 Spark Silver WRX for $17,000! He hadn't listed the mileage in the original ad, so I contacted him for more information. He told me he rarely drove the car, and it had always been garaged and had a little less than 25,000 miles on it!

Of course I was excited, and immediately set it up to go see the vehicle. I show up to see the vehicle and find out it's the PREMIUM model with the sunroof, heated seats, fog lights, auto dimming mirror, and premium stereo! It gets better! He also had another set of alloy wheels with studded snow tires on it which he was including!

So I of course purchased the vehicle! I can't believe I got a premium WRX with less that 25,000 miles on it for $17,000! I feel like I won the lottery, he was actually selling it under blue book!

It was funny also, the STI seller decided he did want to sell it after all...! I had already found the 09 WRX though, and told him nooo thank you! Haha

So that long story is how I happened upon my new car. I'm really excited about it and wanted to share. I feel like I got a gift, and feel like I should pass it on. If anyone needs help with anything, let me know. I'm feeling in a very helpful good mood.

Cliff Notes: Almost bought an 06 STI, seller backed out.. Found an amazing deal on a 09 WRX. Happiness ensues.
default_smile.png

My new girl!

photo1-2.jpg

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Awesome! Congrats man. So whhat are your plans for the car? Any mods? Did you sell your other car?

Boynton4

Thanks! Mild mods are planned for this car..

Already purchased..

-Kartboy Shifter

-Taillight Overlays

-Greddy Catback exhaust

Want to purchase..

-Double Din Stereo

-Rally Armor flaps

-Audio Integrations Sub-box

It's still under factory warranty, so sticking to mild mods..

I haven't sold the other car yet, but will soon. I have to pull out a few aftermarket parts before I put it on craigslist.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Sounds like some great mods!

Just out of curiosity, what was the guys name you bought this from?

Last edited by a moderator:

GClark

Nice! I beeped at you some time last week, I was in the ugly green Outback. That USAA loan is very nice, I'm thinking about getting it too.

hell yea! a premium wrx hatch... I love those things, I wish the STi hatch had a premium edition

congrats on the car, awesome deal

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
hell yea! a premium wrx hatch... I love those things, I wish the STi hatch had a premium edition

congrats on the car, awesome deal
Haha, I've had both. Had a 09 premium hatch w/ the cold weather package, sunroof etc. then got my 08 STi and my girlfriend goes, " why did you downgrade? It doesn't have heated seats or a sunroof!" Facepalm....

Congrats on the car, I'm sure I'll see you around.

Latest posts

Back