exhaust leak.

shawnmichael26

i recently had a turbo back installed professionaly and since ive had a leak.   ive tried tightening the bolts on the up and down pipe and its still has a leak.  would the lack of an egt sensor have anything to do with it? or bad gaskets?  

i-wagon

If there is bung for a sensor with nothing in it them it'll leak, I would have used new gaskets and maybe some goop, if old gaskets were reused that could be part of it

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
With everything cold starter up and feel it all over should be a warm spot where the leak is and or be able to feel the exhaust pulses. Then at least you can track it to its home and kill it in its sleep.

i-wagon

Tomorrow morning when it's cool out (so you can see the exhaust) fire it up and stick a rag in the tail pipe, the leak should be visible if it's under the car, not sure if that would work atty the Turbo

Meyagi

I'm a hack
if its a ebay exhaust and you used the gaskets it came with, you would have been better off using the old gaskets instead. subaru uses a layered metal gasket that can be re used over and over with no leakage.

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
if its a ebay exhaust and you used the gaskets it came with, you would have been better off using the old gaskets instead. subaru uses a layered metal gasket that can be re used over and over with no leakage.
^ so much this.

Latest posts

Back