Feeler: 1967 Datsun RL411SSS

smelt240

Are you the right person to buy a Datsun?  If so, this is a good find!  1967 RL411, and it is a real SSS car.  1600cc engine, rally cam, dual Hitachi SU carbs, glasspack exhaust, 4 spd manual 60s vintage roof rack.  Car needs minor work, one carb leaks, rebuild kit is $30. Might just be a bit stuck though, it still runs great.  Has a brake leak somewhere, but takes a few weeks to go down. Car has a few rust holes, but is in better shape than the only other one I know of, which is on craigslist in Skowhegan, plus that car is a PL411, which is a 1300 engine... ick....      These were the ancestors of the 240SX, 300ZX, and some could even say modern Subarus, Subaru did share some parts with the older Datsuns.   Also, being a 67, the car is SAE, not metric.  Kind of interesting. This car is pictured on my profile, it has Mercedes yellow hi beams, Hella factory driving lights off an old (60s) Mercedes, and is just plain fun to drive.  I am kind of downsizing my collection, and have a 2 door 510 that will be getting my full Datsun attention.  I have some sort of OCD or something when it comes to cool cars, I just buy them whenever I can.  Anyway, I would sell this car as it sits for $3000, it is not a big deal if it doesn't sell, in fact, I almost hope it doesn't, but promised my wife I would get rid of some toys, so she can have the 79 Cutlass that she wants...  Ill find some good pics and get them up.. 

smelt240

I am going to try to get pics to upload again tonight...    anyway, I just bought her a near mint 79 Monte Carlo last night.   I am going to be working on the 67 this weekend, should have it all reassembled and running and stopping Saturday.  this car will be absolutely awesome if the right person ends up with it.

Latest posts

Back