Feeler: Alienware M17X R3

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxerboost

Heya,

So I've got this Alienware M17X R3 that I love having, but am thinking about selling for something more suited to my needs.

The only reason I'm considering selling it is because I lug it to work every night, and it's pretty massive for what I do... considering picking up a smaller/thinner device for easier transport.

(These things are really meant to be desktop replacements that you can take with you easily... not something you take with you're never stationary with...)

As far as pricing... would probably lean toward the $1,250 mark.

http://i.imgur.com/rUkTAZS.jpg

Specs:

http://imgur.com/8Nee7Tx

(700gb harddrive, Core i7 Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460m, BluRay player)

Some cool features of the alienware include: 

- The backlit keyboard, that can be set to 20 different colors, combinations of the colors, or can pulse/strobe/fade into a cycle of colors.

- The fact that it's still warrantied through dell until 2014

- The fact that it's a laptop, and can run many of the big titles, even recent ones. (Most recent games I've tried were Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands 2 & GRiD2, which all ran amazing.)

- Klipsch audio speakers on this laptop actually have some oomph to them. No huge bass from them, but they put out good sound.

- USB3.0 ports for fast file transfer (all newer external harddrives will offer USB3.0)

- This laptop has two harddrive slots! You can double the harddrive space or add in a solid state if you want!

- If desired, will come with a metric F-Ton of games

- Not only does this have HDMI out, it has HDMI IN.. I've brought it to LANs and brought my XBOX as well, to plug into the laptop!

The only bad things work mentioning:
- One circle shaped scuff on the back, about half the size of a dime. My girlfriend assumed it was OK to set her laptop on top of mine.
default_sleep.png

- The weight/size of this device allow it to still be portable (comes with a case made specifically for this laptop) but it's pretty bulky if you're just going to look at facebook on it.

- Alienware devices run fine once configured, but are notorious for being a pain in the ass when installing drivers from scratch. Not a problem in it's current state but if you ever re-image the machine from scratch, you'll want to know what you're doing or look up a tutorial online.

Not in a rush to sell... and have no problem keeping it, just looking for something a little different.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zach

I noticed the screenshot you took of the specs  doesn't show your laptop monitor but a monitor plugged into the VGA or HDMI port just to let people know that that's  not the real resolution

boxerboost

I noticed the screenshot you took of the specs  doesn't show your laptop monitor but a monitor plugged into the VGA or HDMI port just to let people know that that's  not the real resolution
It wasn't plugged into anything at the time. I think that's just the way Speccy looks at the device for drivers (becuase of the HDMI in options)

The attached monitors resolution is 1920x1080... so yes.. that's the real resolution.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zach

It wasn't plugged into anything at the time. I think that's just the way Speccy looks at the device for drivers (becuase of the HDMI in options)

The attached monitors resolution is 1920x1080... so yes.. that's the real resolution.
Ok just wanted to let people know what the info is telling you on the screen if they were not sure.

So I'm guessing you got the upgraded 17 inch 1920x1080 res screen and not the 1600x900 it normally comes with. Nice computer my cousin has the same one.

GLWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back