Feeler: WRX engine

abigailfisk76

I would love to do a WRX swap in my '06 Impreza, I have NO clue where I would start with that, or whether it would be more cost effective  to just buy a WRX rather than doing a swap. My engine has 101k on it. Might as well just strap a turbo to the top 
default_tongue.png

Fluffy282

Be different, supercharge it!

But really, you'd probably have more into a wrx swap than the price of a wrx.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
conventional wisdom regarding WRX swaps: if its a WRX you want, sell the n/a car and get the fully engineered turbo one. There's a whole lot more to a WRX swap than just plunking in another engine (upgrades to cooling, brakes, suspension, interior, cossmetics, etc)

on the other hand, if you had a nice GC chassis Subie, a WRX swap would give you something really distinctive and special.

SUBARUDE

Like fluff said if you aren't doing the swap yourself then buying a wrx would be more cost affective

Matt

Unless you've for money growing from a tree I'd say do it but realistically it's just easier to trade for a wrx

JoshP

lol pretty much, especially buying it piece meal.  If you get a donor car its not too bad

4WRXter

Skier!
Check out PMP Auto Specialties. They are in Macungie, Pa. I looked when I thought I might need an engine. The prices didn't seem too bad to me.

I should also add that Meyagi might be able to help you  out.

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

Does she need an engine or just want to swap? If she needs one There's a place in uncle Henrys that advertises reman engines, also got horrific reviews.

Latest posts

Back