Flat4awd's 1998 Legacy GT Beastmode [ON] / OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

i hope no one ever rear ends you...

and yes!!!!! souther maine drift syndicate is taken!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we assemble at the mall and terrorize parking lots and curbs...occasionally a tree

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
default_additional_rockon.gif

FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS TIME MARCHES ON

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Been listening to a lot of Sabbath lately driving this thing. The car feels like it has about 6 months left in it's life before something breaks, that is more expensive to fix then the cars worth, which is probably about $200 at this point LMAO. More modding coming this spring...for the Impreza
default_smile.png

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
It's funny you should say that Neil because I used to think EJ25's were the worst Subaru engine in terms of reliability, and this car has outlasted my 1.8 by years. I may have changed the oil more often in this car though. I can tell when cars are going to die, and this one doesn't have much life left in it unfortunately. I bet she'll live to see the early 250k's, but not 300k. Next daily will probably be an OBS, or a first gen Impreza. Can't wait.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I have very strong feelings for the original Outback Sport, basically because a friend of mine once ran his 10,000 miles without an oil change, and generally didn't care about it or do a whole lot of maintenance to it. It saw well over 300k on the stock 2.2. While I don't condone this sort of mistreatment to vehicles, I am impressed by the vehicles' resilience. Imagine how long it would've lasted if he had taken care of it http://www.subaruhighmileageclub.com/ Also, GC is only the chassis code for an Impreza sedan or GM for the coupe, but I understand what you mean. www.northursalia.com lists a few of the codes, that's where I originally got the information from. GD is the chassis code for bugeye sedans, GG is chassis code for bugeye wagons.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Started mixing Toluene with 93 octane, aiming to create 95 octane or higher. I can notice a difference in performance, especially on cold mornings. Exhaust sounds louder too, I should've started doing this a long time ago! Also added some Lucas stop leak periodically in with the oil, and the occaisional knocking at startup seems to have gone away. Pretty impressed by this product, I was skeptical at first, but it has calmed the engine down a bit. Spring time will see this car more or less being retired, in favor of building my RS into a tarmac crusher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back