fluid in clutch master getting dark?

turbowgn

Recently went from a cable operated clutch to hydraulic operated. Checked the fluid yesterday and it was almost black, I find it strange since the parts are all less than a month old. 

Brand new:

03 Wrx clutch master cylinder

03 wrx clutch slave cylinder

Brand new hard and soft line 

All from Subaru. 

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Next time don't buy the dark roast brake fluid. May I suggest adding some milk and sugar.

Ok seriously, you converted something from cable to hydro? Did you change the clutch fork and ball positioning?

If the colour worries you, flush it out.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Next time don't buy the dark roast brake fluid. May I suggest adding some milk and sugar.

Ok seriously, you converted something from cable to hydro? Did you change the clutch fork and ball positioning?

He put a WRX trans and rear diff in his OBS.

turbowgn

It's a complete 03 wrx trans swap. I just added more fluid, the operation of everything is perfect. I just figured I'd ask to see if it's something I should worry about.

He put a WRX trans and rear diff in his OBS.
Yeah, was pretty easy too. Love the limited slip rear diff. 

Trainable

It's a complete 03 wrx trans swap. I just added more fluid, the operation of everything is perfect. I just figured I'd ask to see if it's something I should worry about.

Yeah, was pretty easy too. Love the limited slip rear diff. 
If you think you love it now just wait for some snow.

It's normal. As the seals break down bits of rubber darken the fluid. Won't hurt anything. Suck it out with a turkey baster and fill with fresh if it bothers you. But you can leave it go until the normal change interval if you want.

Latest posts

Back