forester springs?

natep

hey, stupid question i hope someone will have the knowledge to help me with. internalcombust told me there was some guys in here with some know all info, so blame him for my inquiry...ha.

i am looking to raise the ride height (for rallyx purposes) of an 02 vw gti vr6. i heard through the grape vine that subby and vw source their oem springs from the same place and that forester springs will fit the vr6 gti adding 2 inches of ride height. has anyone heard this before?..... i have oem vw springs i can use to compare to the forester springs. if anyone has info and or springs laying around i could use as a reference i would greatly appreciate it.

i called evergreen today and spoke to someone in parts who was very nice...they told me to talk to joel who was, unfortunately for me at the time, with a customer. they also mentioned gabe?.... sorry this is so long and tedious.

thanks -nate

GClark

Gabe aka Subarude is on here.

But ive heard that if someone wanted to put forester springs on a subaru they would need the struts too. I have spacers to lift my car, but that's only an inch.

Good Luck!

natep

Gabe aka Subarude is on here.
But ive heard that if someone wanted to put forester springs on a subaru they would need the struts too. I have spacers to lift my car, but that's only an inch.

Good Luck!
i will assume you meant "forester springs on a vw"...... i am hoping that the springs will sit in the vw spec struts, that's why i want to look at the forester springs so i can see if they are even close to my vw springs and if they are i can try to use them....thanks for the luck wish, i may need it. -nate

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Have my oem springs off and sitting in my garage. If you need to look at some. And I could email you some pics too.

natep

Have my oem springs off and sitting in my garage. If you need to look at some. And I could email you some pics too.
nice! i will throw you my email if you wouldnt mind snapping a couple of pics and getting them to me...at your leisure of course. top looking down for both front and rear, then flip them and do the same for the bottoms would be great...... at least i would be able to either rule them in or out....if the coil ends are close i may get with ya and try to hook up so i can compare mine with them.... thanks dude.

internalcombust

Poulin I have my stock springs at the house. Bring your springs over and we can compare.
default_rolleyes.gif

natep

Poulin I have my stock springs at the house. Bring your springs over and we can compare.
default_rolleyes.gif
i was gonna ask you about that the other night when we were talking about it...but you didnt mention you had the stockers there so i figured they went in your inventory reduction sale. i got oem springs from rod at vw today.....gave em to me. how did the honk- ****ing- monster go this evening? i am bringing buyers order to bank on friday for the 07.......ut oh. dont get pissed when i shaky can it flat black.......

brighton

Rally Fluffer
default_rolleyes.gif
If you guys a closer to each other then

it prob makes more sense for you two to meet up. Goodluck.

internalcombust

i was gonna ask you about that the other night when we were talking about it...but you didnt mention you had the stockers there so i figured they went in your inventory reduction sale. i got oem springs from rod at vw today.....gave em to me. how did the honk- ****ing- monster go this evening? i am bringing buyers order to bank on friday for the 07.......ut oh. dont get pissed when i shaky can it flat black.......
I love that flat black mammajamma! it is really fun to ride. It drops in to corners nicely and eats up the bumps. Yamaha is sold yay! You can paint yours any friggin' color you want as long as I have someone to ride with that doesn't suck.
default_rolleyes.gif

natep

If you guys a closer to each other thenit prob makes more sense for you two to meet up. Goodluck.
yeah, unfortunately i see carl quite a bit......and like i said in the post i figured he got rid of them (the springs)...thank you though.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Hey internal, what do you have for suspension in yours? It definitely looks lower than stock

Latest posts

Back