Fresh : First Subaru, new to forum

brycetron

Hey!  Names Brycent.  Picked up my first Subaru.  A 2011 STI sedan in silver (not sure name of color yet) a couple months ago.  Live in Waterville.  Ive lived here for the past couple years.  Before that I lived in Alna, near wiscassette..  I am sure ive seen a few of you around.  Seen plenty of the decals on cars over the years and figured I would drop on by.  Always good to meet new people who like to cruise around or go to meets.  I hit one of the last meets up in bangor this fall at the old ckt city lot.  Plan to go to those more often next year.

I slapped on some red rally armor mud flaps and have some other stuff planned. Still gotta debadge the rear.  Right now however, im just enjoying the car.  Its a ton of fun.  On to some crummy shots ive taken of the car.  

Ive been messing around with cars for quite a while.  Picked up a '03 lancer in high school (wasnt really into cars at the time) and messed around with that.  Went through the 'ricey" stage with a body kit and carbon fiber everything but it got me into cars and I learneda lot about what to do and what not to do.  The STI is safe now.    Still have the lancer.  Its just really low with a roof rack.  My awesome wife who let me trade her Grand Cherokee in for the STI took over the Lancer and she dailies that.  Probably ran across some of you in the car throughout the years.  Roamed around to car shows for quite a few years with that thing.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Welcome. I grew up in Alna and remember your Lancer. You lived a couple miles down 218 from where I grew up. Nice STi!

brycetron

Thanks. Even though winter is fun with the car. Can't wait for spring.

Power mods, not much in mind right now. I would like to do Cobb AP along with exhaust, stage 1 or 2 to start and the supporting mods for that. Not sure when I'll get around to it. My first order of business is a fat set of enkie rpf1's with tires and some suspension.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Welcome to the club, I love that Lancer.

I wish we had gotten the WRX's and EVO's in the states during the 90's, those stand out in my mind as awesome cars.

brycetron

Welcome to the club, I love that Lancer.

I wish we had gotten the WRX's and EVO's in the states during the 90's, those stand out in my mind as awesome cars.

Thanks.  I would love a 22B, as would everyone I think.  That is my favorite style suby.  Coming from the mitsu community I really have fallen in love with EVO's.  I was actually actively hunting a EVO to buy when I came across this STI.  Evergreen Subaru had recently lowered the price 3k and I jumped at it once I saw that.  Growing up loving the WRC I fell in love with both subaru and mitsubishi.  Over the years, especially in Maine I got a little spoiled seeing subarus all the time.  They are just so common so EVO's still gave me that wow factor.  All my friends were very surprised when they first saw I drove home a STI.  

I am really loving the car however.  The interior feels a little more refined than the EVO VIII and IX's.  Those also have the identical interior as the Lancer ive been driving for 10 years.  So that's a nice change for me 
default_happy.png

btw.  member map doesn't seem to work for me, just sits and loads.  Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Beautiful STi, and welcome. Lancer as well looks great. 
default_additional_thumbsup.gif

Love the license plate too, MCM fan?? 
default_biggrin.png

T

The Asian Persuasion

Great looking cars man! Welcome!Hope to see you at some meets

Latest posts

Back