Front Sway Bar Links Rubbing.

OtterCraft

Had the Forester springs/struts on for a few months with no issues
outside of proper alignment. Recently added 27mm Whiteline front sway
bar which now has the rim rubbing the edge of the front bar links.
Anyone have this problem after installing a heavier sway bar, and know
what is the best way to fix this issue?

OtterCraft

I was going off the opinion of the person who installed the sway bar about the front links rubbing, but it is actually the bar itself hitting somewhere. I noticed some marks on the front of the bar near the end links without really being able to see the contact elsewhere. Will rear end links intalled on the fronts help in any way?

OtterCraft

The before mentioned mechanic is a moron, and broke my transmission mounts installing a new clutch. Along with that he also managed to massage the front sway bar into place using a BFH, and managed to damage my rear wheel bearing so it completely blew out on the way home. Taking it to another I was informed that the thumping sound on down shifting or hard up shifting was caused by the transmission mount being broken, and nothing to do with the front sway bar. The 27mm sway bar which I first installed was for a sedan. I replaced this with a 22mm adjustable wagon specific which has made things ride better in front.

Ray

The Northernah'
I've read also using STI rear end links upfront will put the bar where it needs to be when lifted with forester struts

Last edited by a moderator:

Zach

If the your using a Whiteline front sway bar with aftermarket endlinks then you need to get the kartboy spacers because Whiteline makes the Sway bar like 1/4 of an inch to short on both sides.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2171519

Also putting sway bar collars on the inside of the bushing with stop the sway bar from siding left to right.

And the thing about the clunk in the trunk is from bubble gum soft bushings. Take a look at Dan's video and you'll see what i'm talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

OtterCraft

Outside of a new higher price front CV shaft boot coming loose after about 150 miles after install, and the sound from down shifting on a broken tranny mount things ride very nice. Had an Invidia up/down catless pipes, full Greddy exhaust, Cobb AccessPort, the front/rear sway bars/end links, wheel spacers, and an alignment within the last 300 miles. There were a few times today I was suprised when I noticed the speedometer reading 85-90 MPH when passing other vehicles.

OtterCraft

I really like handling and ride on the dirt with the Forester suspension along with the extra ground clearance for larger tires. The problem is that this is axle 3 on the driver side and replaced 2 on the passenger side, and I see this happening again in the future do to my driving habits. You didn't lift a wagon with a turbo to drive it easy in the state of Maine. The CV shaft issue is getting very tiresome to deal with when all I want is a proper running vehicle for some amount of time. I have read about some bullet proof quality cv shafts people have used when doing the Impreza lift due to constant failure which hold up much better than Subaru factory or aftermarket. Does anyone recall the company who makes of those particular cv shafts?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I know mines not a WRX, but it's still the same car otherwise, and I have no issues at all with mine. I do have a ripped boot up front, but oh well. It doesn't affect anything, it will eventually, but it's been that way for close to a year now, and they can't fail inspection for it. Try loosening and sliding the clamp up so the boot isn't so stretched. Subaru OEM axles are the best, but expensive, after that, MWE are decent, but they are from out west, but can be ordered through retroroo.com 

i-wagon

I really like handling and ride on the dirt with the Forester suspension along with the extra ground clearance for larger tires. The problem is that this is axle 3 on the driver side and replaced 2 on the passenger side, and I see this happening again in the future do to my driving habits. You didn't lift a wagon with a turbo to drive it easy in the state of Maine. The CV shaft issue is getting very tiresome to deal with when all I want is a proper running vehicle for some amount of time. I have read about some bullet proof quality cv shafts people have used when doing the Impreza lift due to constant failure which hold up much better than Subaru factory or aftermarket. Does anyone recall the company who makes of those particular cv shafts?
Raxles or something like that, my buddy was going to get some when his gli wouldn't stop eating them

Latest posts

Back