FS: '02 Subaru WRX $3500 obo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetherjedi

Update: The car has been successfully sold, thank you all, this post can be removed I believe!

I was referred here by a friend of mine that frequents the borad. I am looking to sell my '02 WRX, and he suggested this site may be an ideal place to post it.

The car has 123,017 miles on it, and is inspected through June '13.

A couple years back I had run out of money and it broke down and spent a little too much time sitting idle in the yard, so it has some work that needs to be done. I spoke to my mechanic about it and he gave me a list of things it needs to be fully operational again:

1) The frame has rust on it. He replaced the back end of the frame so it would pass inspection this year, but said more of it will need to be replaced or fixed.

2) The rear wheel dust covers for the brakes rusted off. I bought replacements, but they are not attached yet, sitting in the trunk, still in plastic.

3) He just patched up a hole in the exhaust near the catalytic converter, but said it will likely need to be replaced.

4) The front brakes are scraping and grinding as of the past week. Likely they will need some new pads.

5) Not so much an issue, but since the day I have owned it, there has been something wrong with the gas filler tube. You have to basically hold the gas pump on the lowest of the low settings to get gas into it.

Charlies went over it 4 times, and even replaced the entire filler tube, and couldn't resolve it, and my mechanic tried his best too, but to no avail.

Aside from that, it has some minor rust near the windshield/roof seam.

It has been an awesome car, and hasn't lost a step. All of the miles were highway/in-town, despite my friend's insistance I should try it on a rally track. I am asking $3500 obo as is, and am not interested in any kind of trades. If anyone has any questions, feel free to message me!

WRX Driver.jpg

WRX Front.jpg

WRX Passenger.jpg

WRX Rear.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetherjedi

Fortunately (or unfortunately however you may look at it, this car sold almost as quickly as I put it up! Thanks for the interest, those who responded to me, but this ad can be taken down now I guess, whoever is in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back