FS: 2006 Subaru STI 63xxx miles

diabloadsit

Well have been looking at other cars. Something I can get into for little money and have my insurance go down some more. For you out there that know me well enough. You know I am living with my grandparents and the wife and I would like to buy a house in the near future. That means selling the baby.

Its a 2006 Subaru STI WRB.

Has just over 66,100 miles on it. It is my DD for when I am home from work travling so milage is always going up.

I just put a brand new built engine into the car around 5000 miles ago. The engine is great and runs super well.

Parts in the engine are: Brand new OEM shortblock, new 2010 nitride sti crank, Cosworth pistons, Manley H-beam rods, ARP crank bolts, ARP Headstuds, new timing belt, new 11mm oil pump, new water pump, Covert Performance Oil Pick up Tube, new plugs.

Car has the following mods:

-FP 20G turbo with 3 inch inlet and 8cm hotside. Was rebuilt about 5k miles ago by Blouch

-3in Perrin Big MAF intake

-DW 740 cc injectors

-Perrin Front mount intercooler

-Maddad headers and uppipe

-Turbo XS downpipe all the way back exhaust. Has the standard tip so no hassle by the cops (looks stock) Also have a high flow Turbo XS cat so when you do the inspections you can slap it in and pass with no problems

-ACT Streetlite flywheel newly refreshed with a brand new Execedy stage 1 clutch. Changed when the motor went in.

-Tein S tech springs

-4k mile old Walbro fuel pump with a OEM filter installed at the same time.

-The brakes were just complety redone about 4000 miles ago. Front and back new pads and new rotors. Lobstah can vouch for this he helped me.

-GT Spec fender braces

-Group N engine and tranny mounts

-Kart boy shifter bushings, outrigger bushings, and rear diff bushings done all like 1000 miles ago

-Maddad Exhaust Temp, Boost, and Oil Temp guages. With the A-Spec clock pod mount. I also have the orignal clock and pod if you want to ever go back stock

-Have 18" OZ UltraLeggra Black Rims with BFG G-force KDW 2 tires. About 70% tread left

-Winter setup is the Stock Goldies with Dunlop winter tires.

-Have a brand new DPX530 radio in the car with aftermarket speakers. Speakers were put in about 3 years ago cannt remember what they are. Bought from Crutchfield.

-Turbo timer on the car. Can be turned off and on if you want it to.

Car was tuned by Bren Tuning. At the time he could only get it up to 17 psi of boost. I found the boost leak in the system bad vacuum line. So that is fixed. So Bren is certain he can get the boost up to the 21psi mark with Zero problems because of the over built engine in the car.

Also, I have winter floor mats made by WeatherTech. They are the fitted ones that cost like $100. Just for the front.

Looking to get $19,000 for the car with all the extras included. Rims, extra parts, mats etc. Anything I have for th car goes with it. Or I get to keep the summer rims and tire setup and I will let it go for $20,500.

Mechanicaly the car is mint. Body wise I would say its in good condition. The only problem with the body right now is the front bumper. It got cracked with I hit a big patch of snow last winter that was in the middle of the road on I-295.

I am asking just under full private party value for the car. I am taking into the fact that a new bumper is about $250 from Evergreen and about another $300 for the painting of it. There are some pings on the hood from alcorns also. But, all the extras on the car will more than make up for the price of these things.

Any question just ask.

car3.jpg

CIMG2750.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Qsubarusti

u mind parting some of the stuff out of your car? we'll trade and ill throw in some cash. (why couldn't u put this up a month n a half ago? i prolly would of snatched this up quick)

diabloadsit

No dont feel like any part outs. I am sure the car will sell might have to wait a bit but that's ok. Not in a omg super big hurry. I would just do a trade in but I would loose so much money ontop of what I am already going to loose by selling the car. Dealership would never give me anything near what the car is worth so that is out of the question.

Mark

there's not really anything that SHOULD be parted anyway. it's all part of a well put together package. good luck with it chris. any ideas on the new ride?

diabloadsit

yea thinking of a Jetta TDI. I have checked my insurance would drop by about $120 over six months. Plus obviously I can pick one up for a good price. Not sure yet though. I could try going car less for awhile so I could pay down my CC and go into buying another car with less debt and that obviously will help the house buying process. We have no down payment money for a house right now. I know with a Veterans Loan you don't need a down payment but I would like to have some extra money for the closing and all.

stiXXX

That's a great car, and IMO a very fair price.
default_biggrin.png

GLWS!

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
This seems to be a trend...... Well good luck with sale. Its funny how with these cars as soon as you finish them its almost like the fun/pain is over and you just want to be done with it. At least that's how it was for me. Whoever gets this will be happy

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
O and put it up on autotrader and ebay as well. Costs a few bucks but you will sell it no problem.

diabloadsit

yea autotrader was next. STInate you think I should ask more when I list it up on there? My problem is I want to keep the car but I have to make a choice. Have a house or keep the car and have to wait another coupld of years for house. The logical choice is sell the car get the house. But a piece of me is going to die when I do it. I may even cry. I have never had a car this long nor put this much work or money into one.

Mark

plenty of attention to spend on a house. don't ask nate he'll tell you to get a more expensive car AND a house.

any chance of refinancing the car? is the 160 bucks you save every 6 months on insurance worth it?

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
yea autotrader was next. STInate you think I should ask more when I list it up on there? My problem is I want to keep the car but I have to make a choice. Have a house or keep the car and have to wait another coupld of years for house. The logical choice is sell the car get the house. But a piece of me is going to die when I do it. I may even cry. I have never had a car this long nor put this much work or money into one.

Trust me when I say I understand completly how you feel. Im not sure how your finaces are but when I shopped for a house I found one that I could afford with a hefty car payment instead of buying a really nice house. It also helped a lot getting the 8000 from the government in fact it probally wouldnt have been posible without it. Just remember man you only live once and owning a house is great and all but just like the shirts DSG sells "cheap rent and fast cars" some of just arnt happy unless we are behind the wheel of a weapon.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
If you really want the car and the house there is always a way to make it work. It may require overtime and ramen noodles but you have to figure your priorities.

diabloadsit

LOL, stinate if it were up to me alone I would go your route. But, I am married and the wife comes into play. So a crap house with my car isn't going to cut it with her.

Qsubarusti

wal-mart super center works wonders. im makin 2 car payments (746), rent(550), paying off my college tuition loan(200) insurance(330 a month) and some how managing to support a girlfriend and a kid. what im tryin to say is that, i believe you can do it. keeping the car plus get a house. Might be hard at first but once you get into rotation of how everything works and how to set up payments you'll get it.

diabloadsit

Well the house we are looking at is about $350,000 so.......

Well just listed the car up on autotrader so will see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back