FS: Version 4 JDM WRX Wagon Clone - VT

Suby25

1997 Version 4 WRX Wagon Clone - CLEAN TITLE - asking $6,000 – VT: PM if interested.

Up for sale is my 1997 OBS wagon. Repainted rally blue pearl by a prior owner, including all door jambs. The car was converted to be a V3/4 WRX wagon replica, all the body panels, and the majority of the interior were taken from a WRX. The car stops on a dime and handles like a dream, perfect for a daily driver (how I used it) or for auto-x or other racing. This car is a prime swap candidate, that’s the only thing missing from the current mod list. I have thought about it, and decided having two swapped Imprezas wasn’t the way I wanted to go.

The car was previously from California; the body is extremely clean and nearly rust free (there is one tiny bubble on the roof). I’ve owned the car for almost four years and have garaged or stored it from November to May to keep it away from our salty roads.

The car is still running on the stock EJ22, the previous owner noted the mileage was ~100,000 when I bought it, but said the cluster had been changed out when a WRX transmission/rear differential were installed. I’ve put ~15,000 miles on the car since I owned it and the odometer currently sits around 250,000. I cannot verify the actual mileage, but the engine runs smooth and quiet without any CEL’s and still gets MPG in the high 20’s. Air conditioning is fully functional and blows ice cold.

I love this car and it’s been great for me, I just haven’t been driving it enough the past few years to justify keeping it. I don’t have to sell it, but I know there’s someone out there who will give this car a good home and appreciate like I did.

The car will be sold with a fresh oil change and full tank of gas.

The car is well represented and has been well taken care of since I’ve owned it. Please seriously inquiries only, no tire kickers or low ballers, the car is worth what I’m asking in parts alone. Car is located in Vermont.

I'm happy to take pictures of anything you want, just ask. VIN also available upon request.

Overall condition:

Exterior: 8/10
Interior: 8/10

A link to my members journal: http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t110994-frankenwagon-97-obs.html

Mod list:

Suspension:
KYB AGX struts
Eibach springs
WRX rear swaybar
Paranoid Fabrications fender braces and rear strut bar
STi carbon fiber front strut bar

Drivetrain:
03 USDM WRX 5 speed transmission, driveshaft, and rear differential – 75k miles (Fluid changed with Subaru Extra-S 75W-90 when clutch was changed)
Exedy OEM replacement clutch with 1,000 miles on it, resurfaced flywheel, replaced rear main seal

Interior:
JDM WRX front seats
JDM STi rear seats

JDM STi door cards (minus driver side front)
USDM WRX carpet and floormats
WRX shift knob
Armrest extension
STi 6-disc CD changer
USDM WRX Momo steering wheel

Exterior:
JDM V1-4 front bumper with STi lip and fog lamp covers
JDM clear corners
JDM fenders and doors
JDM smooth rear bumper
JDM roof rails
JDM hatch with STi mid-wing
JDM tails
2.5 RS Hood
Side skirts / spats (paint matched but not installed - all hardware included)
Flat fuel door
Rally Armor basic mudflaps

Engine:
Borla headers
SPT catback
NGK spark plug wires
Optima Red top battery

Brand new wiper blades

Brakes:
04 WRX front calipers with Hawk HPS pads (~10,000 miles)
StopTech SS front brakelines (I have rears, but they aren’t installed)

Wheels and tires:
02 WRX wheels with Dunlop Direzza Z1 Sport Star Spec 205/55-16 tires with ~6.3/32 tread left, worn evenly

The bad:
The car has a small leak around the hatch, the gasket has dried out and needs to be replaced.
There’s a baseball sized dent on the passenger side rear pillar by the hatch.
Only the driver side window rolls up. The car was like this when I bought it, it’s probably just a wiring issue with the JDM door harnesses (or driver side window switch) as it’s unlikely all three window motors are dead.
The car must have been in a minor accident before I owned it, as there’s some minor damage to the area behind where the taillight mounts on the driver side. It’s not visible unless you pull back the trim.

065_zps285aebc2.jpg

067_zps8973366e.jpg

063_zps021368a9.jpg
081_zpsa5f01de8.jpg

079_zps8188c7e2.jpg

077_zps521dec3a.jpg

075_zps3c400516.jpg

073_zps659efe70.jpg

071_zps21519ad8.jpg

069_zps3c5fd8f5.jpg

photo1_zpsa381840c.jpg

photo2_zps6e47795d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HR radness

His royal radness
I can personally attest to how nice this car is.  Owner is a friend.  If it were a swap it would be worth $8-10K

Suby25

8-10k... i dont know about that. i was expecting a turbo for that price, but glws.
It is an ASKING price.
default_smile.png

One of the main reasons I bought this car is because it's from Cali and there's no rust on it. You won't find that with 95% of the cars in New England.

Suby25

Nope, 5 spokes are not included, it comes with 02 WRX wheels. The tires on the RS 5 spokes are completely bald. I will update the pictures when I swap wheels over this weekend.

Suby25

is that a mismatched interior? ie the back door panels?
Rear door cards and passenger front are the black JDM STI bits, I'm missing the drivers side front card. That's how I bought the car, I haven't tried to source one.

sooch

Type-RA
from the pictures shown, the rear 2 are not the correct door cards for the car. They might be "JDM black bits" but if you get the front cards, they will not line up correctly with the dash. 

This is what the rears should look like if it were to be period correct:

zsbxvsN.jpg

Back