FT86 leaked specs, pics (new I think)

widowmaker

FT86 article

TO me it's looking like some kind of Mazda3. Not my thing at all. Even with a Subaru rebadge and STI power/AWD/etc I would never drive something that ugly.

nope.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

got alittle more info....this ft86 will be a scion released car and will have a diff name than ft86....guess its been detuned a bit, only around 200 hp now....still waiting for the exact specs

Apollyon12

I think I have totally lost interest in this car. In the Car and Driver artical this month, they estimate a curb weight of 2800, HP of 210 and a list price in the $28,000 range. This gives a power to weight ratio of 150 HP/ton.

Some other cars in the same class:

Genesis 2.0T (turbo) = 127 HP/ton

Genesis 3.0 Track = 180 HP/ton

350z = 179 HP/ton

370z = 202 HP/ton

S2000 = 165 HP/ton

Solsice GXP (Turbo) = 174 HP/ton

RX8 = 152 HP/ton

Miata (1st Gen) = 109 HP/ton

Miata ('11) = 134 HP/ton

Other Subarus

'04 WRX = 147 HP/ton

'04 STI = 173 HP/ton

'09 WRX = 167 HP/ton

'08 STI = 179 HP/ton

(My current benchmark)

Mini Cooper S (supercharged) = 134 HP/ton

I know that power to weight ratio's don't really mean much except in drag racing, suspension plays a larger role in how a car feels day-to-day. BUT with a price point that will be in easy range of a low milage 370z and 50 hp/ton less than the 370z, it seems like a no brainer to me. And that's just one good example of a better option.

Then when you throw in the fact that it's a first model year of a brand new car...I would rather go with something used and not have to take the depreciation hit. The fact that it's well out of my budget doesn't help.

Smiththers

there are many other versions of this car coming out and a few different engine configs too. ive been reading on Autoblog.com every day. I CANT wait to see this car in person!

apkarian100

Vendor
Shot of the Scion FR-S Concept at SEMA.

1017118.jpg

Latest posts

Back