Future Car???

shawnmichael26

my friend is buying my 04 wrx in Feb and i need new ideas for a car.  I love my wrx and i am considering getting a newer model.  Im also thinking about the BRZ or possibly an STI.  Any opinion would help.  All subarus will be considered when i go car shopping next month.

Matt

Just remember the Brz is rear wheel drive. May not be the best thing for winters in Maine as a dd.

The BRZ is a very nice car. Just like any other vehicle in the winter it comes down to two factors. Throttle control and tires. I originally had a set of Dunlop WinterSport's, I ended up having to get pulled up over the hill into my parents house. The next day I went to my tire place and had a set of General Altimax Arctics with studs put on. I have no problems making it around anymore. I don't go out in the middle of a storm that is putting 10" of snow on the ground but I go everywhere within a few hours of the storm ending. I went with some 16" wheels for the winter.

It is very fun with traction control fully off but does come all the way around if you are on any bit of a slippery surface. The 6speed manual is a decent transmission, built by Aisin. Road noise isn't bad but its not as quiet as something like a BMW or Lexus. They put a "sound tube" in that transmits engine noise into the cabin, the hole it comes through is easily plugged with the plastic plug in the glove compartment 12V plug. It can be a bit of a pain to back-up, mirrors are awesome though. 

It probably won't be as fast as your WRX but it will definitely out handle it. I have never ridden in a car that stays so flat and stuck to the road, even with the hockey puck factory tires. 

Latest posts

Back