GM coolant question

i-wagon

Not Subaru, but I know there are smart people on here that know Chevys. My blazer runs Dex-cool and at some point it was topped of with green stuff, is that wicked bad? I drained everything I could without undoing lines to the heater core and refilled with dex. Should I flush it on a week or so our run it

Matt

If its got two different coolants, orange and green and it wasn't the universal stuff it'll eventually congeal which is no good.

i-wagon

There wasn't much green, but there was sludge in the overflow. Fresh water and suction gun fixed that part. I'll do it again in a couple weeks

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Ugh, dexcool is disgusting crap. Flush the system out completely and just replace it with normal green stuff.

JLW7123

2005 legacy
Yes flush it I had 2 Olds aleros and they both had dexacool. Both had gasket problems intake and headgasket failures because GM used paper gaskets and the dexacool ate away at the gaskets.I flushed out the coolant system 2 or 3 times. I had no problems after I got the right gaskets installed and changed to green coolant.

Does your blazer have the 4.3 vortec.

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

Uh Pedro, why did this get moved to turbo power train? Blazah be na and GM, figured it's go to off topic

Latest posts

Back