GM question again

i-wagon

So the Blazer got a reman long block little over a month ago, so far everything seems great but my coolant looks wicked dark. It was fairly dark green to begin with not sure if it's in my head, or if it is getting darker, and if it is, is that something semi normal for a practically new engine?

Matt

If its getting darker it may be a sign of oil contamination( trans or oil ) check those levels and see if there a little high. It also may just be the breaking in and nothing to worry about.

i-wagon

Looking in the expansion tank. Oil looks fine, haven't checked the tranny in a while

Matt

It'll look like baby crap in the tank if its mixing. It may just be normal unless its black

i-wagon

SincE I've recently become acquainted with baby crap, I can say that what's in the tank doesn't look like that. I'd also think it'd have some oil sheen to it as well

Matt

Id say its fine then. Mine is 3 months and I've yet to do a poop diaper!! I win

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

Frig you, I had every diaper change during our 6 day hospital stay. The tarry fresh baby poops are the worst

i-wagon

Just had Chance to look at that pig, no sign of coolant in tranny or oil..might just flush the cooling system before winter

Latest posts

Back