Goodbye Norway, hello Biddeford....or, the partnership that failed....

gearsoup

So, my shop was doing well. We had work coming out our ears. But, there were things between my partner and I that I couldn't tolerate anymore. So, I made the painful decision to sell my half to my partner.

I sent e-mails to all our customers explaining the breakup. Within half an hour, one of our biggest customers call me at home. Want to know if I'd consider working for them. I went down the next day and I interviewed with them for over 3 hours.

So, this past Monday, I moved all my stuff, wife, kids and everything. Found a nice 3br house for rent in a nicer part of Biddeford.

It sucks to put all the hard work into a company and see it fall apart like that. On the flip side, I am making more money now, since I am an hourly employee, with as much overtime as I want. I plan on working a mere 60 hours a week (20 less than I used to do). Benefits are awesome, and the owner is a really nice guy.

Hopefully that means I'll be able to spend more time with the family, and even make a meet now and again....

Seth

Redline

Congrats Seth, I'm really happy for you guys. I almost stopped by yesterday on the way up to Mom & Dad's, but I didn't want to barge in on you. Perhaps sometime we can come up? Only 1 hour bud.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I hope this works out for you man.

did you keep the bike?

I gotta check that thing out before it snows

gearsoup

oh yeah. bike is still mine.

I think this will work out for the better. More time with the family, less stress in my life, not worrying about bringing in work....

Evan

its good to hear that you're going to be able to spend more time with you family. i'm on first in gorham now so maybe i'll see you at the next meet.

inski

Now you know you can start a succesful business. But now you dont have to. After a few months you, mom, and the kids are going to love the Bidde, Saco, OOB area. Everything is 10 minutes away. Congrats! :eek:ccasion14:

Evil Jeff

More $$, more free time, more benefits, less stress... I've yet to see the fail. Seems to me this business venture of yours as generated the desired results, regardless of whether you are your own boss. Congrats!

Blue GT

is it ok to mention what company you now work for?? Congrats either way, i lived in the biddo for a year and actually really liked it.

gearsoup

Arundel Machine Tool. (http://www.arundelmachine.com) They have been in business for quite some time, I think since the early 80's. The owner has done a wonderful job of building up a solid company. Almost all the machinists have more than 5 years experience, most more than 10. In fact, I'm the second youngest guy in the shop.

Biddeford is looking to be a very nice city. Close to EVERYTHING!

Latest posts

Back