got FKd over on Nasioc? Kartboy short shift

Rallytech14

*updated*

i tried installing the STS kit i bought off someone last week. bought it from recruitX for $100

its in pretty good shape and the bushing is perfect. but it doesn't seem to fit my car. i pulled the stock shifter out and when i replaced it with this one i noticed the bushing area is way to wide to fit the that stock fork thing. i pulled the bushing off just to check and it still wouldnt fit

figured i could ask my mainely friends for advice..

did i miss a step in the installation or is this for a different model/year?

P.S. ill be able to get a pic tonight. thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

Stein

Stein
Did you make sure that the rubber things out of the old shifter got pushed in all the way? The ones that the bolt goes through?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Any way to trim it down to fit? I wouldn't jump to conclusions, He may have thought it would fit your car, but for whatever reason it doesn't.

Rallytech14

yeah i messaged him. if he wont do anything about it ill try to identify what model its for then try to sell it and get my money back. if i cant do that then i might be able to rig it to fit

ill definitely make sure i have to other options before i just chop it up though haha

Mark

with the thread title i thought it was "Falcon Kicked"

that would have been wayyy cooler

"Falcon Kick!...Falcon Punch!"

Trevor723

Do you have the factory short shifter linkage? They sell a specific Kartboy lever for this and it's labeled as "narrow".

**edit** I don't think it's actually labeled, but rather marketed as the narrow version.

RallyCat

I'd have to measure them tonight, but that does look like the Subaru Short Shifter in your car. How wide is the on the Kartboy piece? I have the original shifter from my car (it has the Subaru short shifter) at home and can measure that as well to see if it would fit.

RallyCat

The stock 5MT shifter has a 1.5" wide space in that connection (did not get a chance to pull the panels out of the car to measure the Subaru Short Shifter size yet). How wide is the Kartboy shifter where it connects to the linkage?

4WRXter

Skier!
I'm just going to throw this out.

It looks like a WRX shift lever and an RS (OBS??, Impreza??) linkage. The WRX "fork" is wider.

SUBARUDE

you might want to change your title cause you have a factory sts in your car which does not accept a plan kartboy wrx sts so the guy who sold you it did not fkd you you did yourself by not knowing what you had
default_lost.gif

SUBARUDE

jarred had nothing to do with it it was probably put in by the factory so i'm sure jarrid didn't even know it was there

RallyCat

How wide is that joint on the Kartboy shifter? Would a 1.5" wide fork fit on it?

If so, the one I have is available for cheap. It's been sitting in my garage for 7 years - make me an offer (Stock 2.5RS 5MT linkage).

Latest posts

Back