ground control

internalcombust

Has anyone used ground control slide on sleeve and spring setup? Have chance to buy agxs with ground control adjustable setup. How is suspension travel? Do they ride too harsh overall. These would be for my daily driver obviously.

akinaspeedstar

i think inski had coil overs on his GC but he took them off cause they were too harsh or something. he'd be a good resource

R

rallyXcramps

I had DMS 40s. Very different than Ground Controls on AGXs. The DMS are good for hardcore auto-x or Rally-x, not so fun on the public roads. All I've heard about Ground controls is that they're rattley. And not sure if the two will go together, the AGXs have a fat shaft and body, the sleeves might not fit.

Pedro might be able to help. Personally if I need hieght adjustability I'd change springs or just go to a true coil-over. The DMS was nice. I had approx 4 inches to go up or down with. But, the ride was crap unless the car was at full gusto mode, then and only then did they perform.

I have AGXs now. Moody put a couple rally-x seasons on them, severe duty! They have earned their keep, but one is leaking, and one bangs now. I recommend the AGXs, I might get a couple replacements for my blown ones. If you find you dont like the Ground Controls you could always put the stock springs back on the AGXs until you find springs you like. The AGXs will compliment the stock springs.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
the nice thing about ground control sleves are you can order shelf stock springs from eibach if the ride is too harsh. If they are rattley you need to either raise the car up or get longer springs because under droop the springs are not putting pressure on the seats. I don't know if you can use a helper spring on GC setups or not.

I know it is the hot setup on autoXing Miatas. but I haven't dealt with them on Subaru's

jmailhot

no personal experience on them, but I read up quite a bit on nasioc about them. The AGX's may wear out sooner if high spring rates are used. Sounds like koni inserts are better matched if going into #300 spring rates. The ability to pick and choose spring lengths and rates is sweet, just talk to people on nasioc who have em and get there suggestions. Also ride height adjustability and corner weighting seems cool.

I think AGX's would be happier and last longer with 225-250 front and 200-225 rear, but the I would suggest prodrives, unless you really want ride height.

I really like the idea of Ground-controls. Its all personal preferance. I personally wouldn't rock #300 springs on a daily driver, roads in maine are bumpy and you would loose contact with the ground too much. Since my spring rate preferance is milder, I have decided to trust the brilliant people at prodrive. that's why I'm saving my $$ for koni inserts (best damping around, better than agx) with prodrive springs.

just my thoughts,

let us know what you do and how you like it

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
if you want a super shock that pwns all fixed perch struts check out the Ohlins setup. they are adjustable and inverted like the STi struts. These are about the highest quality you can get.

stainless

I have AGX's with WRX springs( mid 90's eruo spec)

dont remeber rates. BUT it did DROP the back from stock oubtack height mabey 1/4 inch?

and front Mabey 1/8" if any....

Great with 16" wheels mabey a BIT harsh with 17" wheels...

offers less understeer with a hair of oversteer full on.

I can get 4 wheel drift a Very high speed on sharp turns with my Avon tyres. But I dont realy ever push it to 9 or 10/10ths.

more like 7/10ths. and mostly of turns on OPEN roads without other cars..

Maxing out your car on open roads not such a good idea. Great at the track though!!!

internalcombust

If I had $1900 to spend on the wagon I certainly wouldn't dump it on just suspension. I have been looking at used stuff on nasioc to upgrade more reasonably. All good suggestions, thanks. I would personally buy the KW coilovers if I had the money. They are cheaper. My original thought was gr2s and prodrive springs, but shopping classifieds has me spinning in circles.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
If you went with Coilovers, I would steer you towards the Race Comp Engineering Tarmac Coilover. It is a custom rework of the KW vairant3 (IIRC) with valving customized to the spring rates. These guys are good, real good.

otherwise I would do the RCE Springs and the Ohlins struts.

Latest posts

Back