Group N calipers on STi

katnip

the car is black. I swear
I have the group n brakes on my sti, ie, 4 pot front, 2 pot rear. She needs front pads, like yesterday, am I correct that I need to source pads for an 06-07 wrx sedan?

thanks guys, kat

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
correct Kat. EBC reds are good for street/AX/RX use. they held up way better than the HP+ did.

katnip

yeah, trying to decide on which ones to get, currently have ferodo's which are pricy and hard to come by. I typically downshift to stop, so I have little wear on pads. the ferodo's are comp only pads and have lasted over 50k. looking at hawks, always liked them best.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I had some serious rotor warpage on the hawks as well as a ton of corrosion on the calipers themselves. When I ran the EBC reds they were quite good on everything and had incredible bite when warm with none of the corrosion issues.

You can get some other formulations from EBC as well that have better initial bite (Green) or higher function when super hot like track usage (yellow and blue).

katnip

umm, Kat. brake pads are WAAY cheaper than STI clutches. Just sayin'
I prefer engine braking, Nigel. Besides clutch is older than the pads!
default_additional_neener.gif

katnip

I ran EBC reds on the RS and they were great, little tricky when its cold. also had the greens on the RS. But had hawks on the Rs rallycar and they boys found they were great at NEFR. hmmm

EvilAsPie

I've had nothing but good results using Hawk HP+ pads. They do pretty well cold and super once hot. They are noisy and dust a ton. But I love it! And I thought their performance was a margin better then EBC reds.

Reds seamed to loose their initial bite after using them in the winter, and trying to go back to autox. Scuffing the pad surface with fine sandpaper, and then do a bed in run to heat them seemed to help, but never the same.

HP+ pads are heading into their 3rd summer on the WRX, with same age stock rotors. First summer saw an autox season, and been DDing year round since with no change in breaking performance. Rotors are certainly showing the abuse. Brembo slots held up much better to the HP+'s on the RS.

my .02. Hope to see you guys on the gravel soon.
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back