GTSPEC Subaru Legacy GT Strut Tower Braces

LGHT SBR

I'm thinking about getting this set for $250. I'm looking to see if the members of MS can give me enough reasons not to or think I should go ahead and get 'em. I have done some research and they look to be a good quality inexpensive brace. I don't want to throw down over 200 for each brace, like a Cusco or Whiteline, although that would be nice. I have read and listened to mixed reviews on putting braces on and they range from "a waste of money" to "felt a big difference". So for the price I think I may get them and give it a shot.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

Nate

Founding Father
I would invest in a set of bigger sway bars with endlink first. They work for what they are designed for, but if you're looking to tighten up your suspension start with something that will REALLY make a difference. Then once you've done that, you can always get some strut braces.

LGHT SBR

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I already have a full Rallitek sway bar kit, with Rallitek adj. endlinks on the back and avo on the front. I put them on a while ago now and they did make a difference.

Nate

Founding Father
Well then. that's a different story. Thoughts on springs/coilovers?

LGHT SBR

Well then. that's a different story. Thoughts on springs/coilovers?
Well I would love to get those done also, but I'm getting some other small stuff done that won't cost so much to do right now. I would do both of those at the same time, plus any other upgrades in that area while we had it apart. The sways and tower braces are kinda simple inexpensive mods.

LGHT SBR

So I bought them. Does anyone have a torque wrench they would let me borrow? I know how expensive they are. I would be very careful with it and only need it for they day. Thanks

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
So I bought them. Does anyone have a torque wrench they would let me borrow? I know how expensive they are. I would be very careful with it and only need it for they day. Thanks
For strut tower braces?? Why do you need a torque wrench for those??

Blue GT

I dont have a tq wrench but I don't think you'll notice a huge difference on the stock suspension. Once you add stiffer springs/coilovers you'll notice difference, well you would if you took them off for a day. Good investment though, you plan on doing springs of some sort some time right?

LGHT SBR

For strut tower braces?? Why do you need a torque wrench for those??
During some research I read that you should finish tightening them at 14.5lbs. that's why some people have broken the mount bolts when they use a socket wrench cause they tighten to much. They said it, Im no mechanic, just sounds good to me.

Thanks, Boon is gonna let me borrow his tq. I will be doing more, but not sure how soon. Not sure when I'll have an xtra 1700+ to spend on those. I really want a little more response without losing the ride on these wonderful Maine roads.
default_idk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

its only 14.5 lbs???? doesn't seem like a lot....if you can snap off a strut tower bolt by hand id be afraid to shake your hand

Latest posts

Back