Hard Shifting and weird noise.

Kembal

So I just got my auto 05 2.5RS in November from Prime Mercedes in Saco. At random, it shifts up super hard. Mostly when I slow down then speed up again. Just wondering if something is wrong and I should have it looked at.

The other issue is a weird sound that sounds kinda like I'm running over a paper bag really quickly, or one of my belts is slipping. The dealership replaced the serpentine belt before I purchased it.

Still new to all this so maybe nothing is wrong at all.

Matt

They should have told you when you bought it. Typically when it's a value car it comes with zero warranty but if you just bought it I would take it back and complain a lot!!! To me it sounds as if the trans is going. What color was the car?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Also, Subarus don't have serpentine belts. They have a timing belt, and 2 accessory belts.

Kembal

I'm bringing it in to them today and they are gonna check it out. I'll ask what they changed too since they told me twice they changed the serpentine belt. Thanks for the info.

Kembal

The guy I got looking at my car seemed real good. (But hell if I can tell these things yet)

The heavy up shifting he thinks is due to the computer not working fast enough to what I'm telling it to do. He said he checked out the transmission fluid levels, pulled codes, road tested it, and they even washed and vacuumed it. So I guess I'm just being paranoid, or I'll have to wait till it throws a code. I asked about the whole serpentine belt thing too he said he would check which one they changed but that was just the easiest way for them to say it at the time. Thanks for all the input.

Latest posts

Back