Head gasket question

i-wagon

Drivers side hg on my imp had started weeping oil. Have plans to get it changed along with timing belt and clutch ( if thengine is out, might as well)

Wondering how long it may be before the leak gets serious. I average 300 miles a week, and can't be without it during the winter, so either now our spring would be when I want to do it

Last edited by a moderator:

SUBARUDE

If it is just starting to weep then with the new 2.5's like your it will be a while before It's worse my girls headgaskets have been weeping for 20k+ miles and haven't gotten to the point that It's is unsafe to drive hers uses roughly a quart of oil every 3k miles which she drives 3k miles a month so i would say you would be safe to hold off till spring

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
+1 my buddys has been leaking for a few months now and hasnt gotten any worse.

If you hold off till spring thatll give you plenty of time to save pennies for a lightened flywheel
default_wink.png

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
My wifes forester (07 2.5 sohc) has been weeping oil out of left head gasket for over 10k miles/ nearly year (currently has 73k). No worse yet really.

Maxxguy25RS

just had an outback with almost 100k puking oil out the head gaskets come through the shop. but i think he has let them go for a while now. we'ew told him before that its getting bad. i guess the price tends to scare most people into waiting till the last minute. my rs with near 120k has a slight weep, but i like to think that ive slowed it down a lot. started using 10w30 and lucas synthetic oil stabilizer.

i-wagon

So the woman needs to build credit, and I want it fixed, so we're going to get a loan to fix the car, 2 birds with one stone

i-wagon

Doubt she'll go for that. Then I'd want a tune too. Catless header, dynomax, modded intake plus cams I think I'd want it liked at by a professional

i-wagon

While I'm at it I was thinking about a.lightweight crank pulley, anyone think it's worth it?

Latest posts

Back