Headers???

Mr Mike

Most exhaust mods I have read about for the WRX are mainly up pipe then turbo back. I have the chance to get some headers cheep, borla i think. My main question is why dont people do headers as part of a full exhaust mod? I was going to start with the up pipe..... but... I'm debating with my self now though.....

suggestions are welcome

mikey

Runnah

Headers and up pipe are big installs.

Down pipes usa;lly onlt take an hour or so.

If you have a line on Borla Headers get them because they are top quality and have a lifetime warrenty.

Mr Mike

I cant remember what the guy said they were off hand, i'll give him a call tonight. Installs arn't a problem so no down side to me getting them I suppose lol. Thanks for the info Runnah.

Mikey

C

chris

The headers for the WRX usually don't give back much HP, that's why not many folk do it. They do however improve the WRX's bark. 8) The GP motos are knarly, but like runnah said the Borlas fit well and they stand behind them.

We run headers on both the rally cars. I got the latest set cheap, but we've never dyno'd the car so I can't tell you if they helped us power wise! ;-) That said, when you see the stock headers vs. performance headers(especially the up-pipe), you realize that there has to be flow improvement in exhaust gases.

I had some Borla's on my old RS, Dave has some MRT equal length headers on his rally car and I have the GT or GP headers on the turbo rally car.

When it comes to mods, anyone on the team will tell you that if I'm left in the barn alone long enough, something will get changed on the car! ;-)

Cheers! John

HR radness

His royal radness
Get a gutted stocker uppipe on NASIOC or ebay and spend what you would on headers for other mods

I can help you with the turboback install mikey once you decide to do it, I did one on my WRX last year. $!65 fullturboback

Mr Mike

nice nice, thanks for the info guys... actually John... your guy Erick has the headers I think, I think he said they were some sort of knock off brand, not borlas.. I sent him a mail so we'll see where it all goes. I really have my heart set on a full scoobie sport exhaust, but its a lot of cash. I think I'll end up doing it bit by bit.

mikey

Mr Mike

good question... more flow is more flow... back in the day we made noticable gains just by gasket matching my buddys 16V scirocco. I'm not too subie savy yet so I dont dare venture guesses :-[

Mikey

Yeah, the full on exhaust systems from Scoobysport, Prodrive etc are wicked expensive. I think doing headers/up/downpipe and then a high flow muffler is the way to go.

Cheers! John

Mr Mike

Up pipe is next on the list for sure, having a cat before the turbo really makes me nervous. John, your man Erik says he has a cheep header, I'm on the debat whether to get it or not.

Mikey

D

Dizastical

Headers do not give you lots of HP . Maybe 5-10 BUT they do give a bunch of TQ ! I know everyone wonders if they will loose spool up with headers . I have never noticed any more lag than stock by doing a complete header install . I think it is a great mod that should be done with an uppipe install !

Dave

Latest posts

Back