headlight out.. but not..

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Ok I am going to take an extended lunch and go dig into this while it is Freaking warm as hell out.

but here is the deal:

Pass, Headlight.. it goes out, but I drop cick it and it comes back on. then off..

WTH?? it has been in for about a year..

stay tuned for details..

Rightseat

sounds like bad ground at headlite bulb retaining ring. make sure ring is turned past detent to engage good ground. I had a similar on-again, off-agin issue on my driver's side headlight. after bashing it about 43 times, I finally checked the retaining ring and presto no prob no more.

also be sure the effin headlight bulb plug is on tight.

if neither of those does the trick, you ovbiously need a new gearbox.

that is all.

PS--are you SERIOUS about the $11 Otter brake rotors?!!

stainless

Bulb issue?

Someone told me that sometimes the filament brakes, and when you tap/hit the light it will bounce back into position and presto! well till next time it goes out.

TRy swapping your headlight bulbs. If the problem does not migrate then something else is wrong...

Electrical stuff can be a REAL pain.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
well last night if I gave the front of the light housing a bump with my fist it would dim a little or go out (once it came back on)

seph

Ok I am going to take an extended lunch and go dig into this while it is Freaking warm as hell out.

but here is the deal:

Pass, Headlight.. it goes out, but I drop cick it and it comes back on. then off..

stay tuned for details..
P,

had the same issue...about the same amount of time on my low beams....I pulled the intake scoop and pulled teh bulb, replaced it....and haven't had any issues since...

seemed crazy, but a swift hit from the fist would bring it back to life....and after a while it got sick of it....

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

but here is the deal:

stay tuned for details..
P,

had the same issue...about the same amount of time on my low beams....I pulled the intake scoop and pulled teh bulb, replaced it....and haven't had any issues since...

seemed crazy, but a swift hit from the fist would bring it back to life....and after a while it got sick of it....
yeah I pulled mine out the other day at work since it was so damn nice out. the bulb looks fine, so I put it back in untill I get the new set from Rallylights.com I haven't had a problem since. but I will update if it reappears.

Seph, you should try the Osram H9 Burners for your low beams. They are hugely bright @2100 lumens. I am sold on them so far. http://www.rallylights.com is where I got mine.

seph

I'll have to look into them...I'm still waiting for my highs to go out so I can get the HIRs

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I went with some Yellows for the highs (should be in with my new order), yellows for the fogs, and the H9's for the lows. The yellow gives much better defenition in the rain.

and if I need some extra light, I have the Hella FF1000's on the front with some 100w H1's
default_biggrin.png

Jimbo

I went with some Yellows for the highs (should be in with my new order), yellows for the fogs, and the H9's for the lows. The yellow gives much better defenition in the rain.

and if I need some extra light, I have the Hella FF1000's on the front with some 100w H1's
default_biggrin.png
...and three alternators to run the whole mess ;D

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
You friggen ultra bright low beam jerks! There's a law against that for a reason. You ever try coming at yourself in the rain?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
You friggen ultra bright low beam jerks! There's a law against that for a reason. You ever try coming at yourself in the rain?
yeah I have actually, there is no problem in the miata.

Jimbo

You know, Shorty - I know a guy that could probably get you a good deal on OEM replacements for those effed headlight assemblies. PM me if you're interested
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back