hella wiring?

fujative06

well ive had my hellas on the front of my car for months now and have yet to wire them up to my high beams so ive been running them off of a switch but id like to also beable to us my high beams and i was wondering if anyone knew what wire im supposed to tap into on a 99 impreza

Rightseat

go to rallylights.com

they have a sheetload of wiring diagrams, pick the one that does what you want

generally to have aux driving lights that can be independently swithced but also go off when you dip the hi beams, you need to have an interrupter connex vampire-tapped into one of the hi beam hot leads

fujative06

thanks for the link but ive allready got a wiring diagram figured out im just trying to find the hot lead for the high beams

inski

heres a start

http://badisp.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673117&highlight=%22high+beam+wire%22

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42

The easy way for me is to grab a test light($6 at Napa), hook one end to the ground side of the battery, put high beams on, and poke pointy end of test light thru one of the three wires you have at your head lamp, or strip away a small bit of insulation. One wire is ground(blk?), one wire is lo-beam power, one wire is hi-beam power. The test light will light up when you find the hi-beam power. Some cars will power both lo-beam and hi-beam wires for high beam operation. If that's the case then find the one without power during lo-beam operation.

jmailhot

here is how I did it with my hella FF1000's

May or may not be the best way, but it does what I want.

I got a second relay, I vampired the high beam ground to activate the relay. When high beams go on, the relay activates and allows the signal from my stock fog light switch to be connected, which then goes to the new hella driving lights relay. The driving lights relay is obviously now activated and the lights go on and off with my high beams.

However, I wanted control over the driving lights with the stock switch. But the stcok switch would shut off its signal when high beams go on. Take out the switch, their is an unused terminal, jam a wire into it and use that wire as the interupted signal for the hella relay.

following me?????

If high beams are on, then the stock foglight switch turns the hella's on and off. The driving lights will only work when high beams are on, so they go off when you turn high beams off.

This is good for driving lights, but conter productive for fog lights.

I caould draw a diagram if it helps.

akinaspeedstar

i was just poking around on my rs for the piaa wireing, and OMG!!! they wired something corectly!!!!!@@!!!!one!!!!!!QQQ!!!!!111!! they wired it for the wrong lights... but they did an ok job. in fact i could plug back stock fogs back in with out any problem! all they did was tap into the stock foglight harness leaving the stock plugs in tact. so all i need to do it take the trigger lead from the fogs and tap into the highbeam wire. then if i wire 500's in i can just use that same tap and im good to go!.

Latest posts

Back