Hello from Westbrook / Portland

blehhh

Hey everyone, the name's Ben. I live out in Westbrook and work in Portland. Picked up my 2012 WRB WRX hatch back in June and I love it, though I can't seem to keep myself out from underneath it...

Mods to date:

• 35% Tint
  • Rokblokz Flaps
  • Rallitek Front & Rear Solid Swaybars & Endlinks
  • Kartboy Short Throw Shifter & Bushings
  • Group N Transmission Mount
  • Kartboy Pitch Stop Motor Mount
  • Whiteline Gearbox Bushings
  • Whiteline Rear Differential Bushing Inserts
  • Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
  • Whiteline Subframe Bushing Inserts
  • Group N Engine Mounts

Hoping to have Eric from Torqued Performance set me up with a simple Stage I tune next month to get me through the Winter, then I'll make the leap to his "Stage III" tune next Spring with an AEM CAI, CNT catted DP, GS EBCS, PW TMIC, DW65c, etc along with some Super Pilot Sport tires. Stiffer springs and little lowering would be nice, but I think just the swaybars alone were a nice upgrade and compromise, (without any added harshness), especially considering how beat up some of these Maine roads can get.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

(freshly washed; that crazy sunset; getting after it in the garage; and finally a creeper shot of 0wrx4's STi.)

Last edited by a moderator:

WashmyScooby

Looks awesome! I have those same sways (with kartboy endlinks). I thought they made a huge difference! Looks like a pretty solid plan for the spring as well. Look forward to seeing you at the meets!

T

The Asian Persuasion

Welcome! you are more than welcome to creep on my car while its out there lol

blehhh

Welcome. It's nice too see you first decided to be suspension mod heavy.
I couldn't decide what blow off valve to get.... /sarcasm

The drivetrain slack and overall softness of the entire car was just too much for me at stock. It felt like the whole thing was held together via a series of ham sandwiches. Now it feels like one solid chunk of engine with wheels. Pretty harsh if you get it wrong and are careless with your shifts, but when you get on it and you're row through the gears, it's incredible. Figured none of these mods would cause issues with a warranty, and that they were all prerequisites anyway for putting down more power. I might do some better brake pads that have a little more bite, if there is such a worthwhile thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I couldn't decide what blow off valve to get.... /sarcasm
Me neither any suggestions? I've already done most of your aforementioned suspension and handling modifications
default_wink.png

dsmith

welcome! nice subie, I go through westbrook quite often so i'm sure i'll be seeing you around

Latest posts

Back