Hello

BoardDad

Hello,

We have 3 Subaru Impreza's at our house now. My first one was 11 years ago, when I moved from Cocoa Beach, with my new daughter and her mom up here to New England, Loon Mountain specifically. It was an '87 GL wagon, and I ran it into the ground finally after a year, and a lot of love. Skip to 08, and I bought my 2000 2.5 RS. Loving it. Bought an 08 WRX wagon for my wife from Patriot Subaru (Loving them). She's thrilled! @ 199,000 mi the RS has had about everything start to go wrong. Replaced clutch, brakes, timing belt, and now need transmission. Thought I would put that aside while everything was going wrong and bought an '03 WRX wagon to get through winter safely up in NH @ Loon mountain (big full circle after going to Sunday River, Shawnee Peak, Jay Peak, and now back!) Well, this one started out with some problems, and I just about wanted to die yesterday, but I think I'm getting my head back together and I may just need a replacement or repair to my radiator.

Not always in the middle of a disaster,

Tom

Attachments

• 75661_451668496633_513966633_5605566_4812621_n.jpg
    75661_451668496633_513966633_5605566_4812621_n.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 15166_176388001633_513966633_3059261_2879768_n.jpg
    15166_176388001633_513966633_3059261_2879768_n.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 0

BoardDad

Thanks guys,

My wife got a business card on the '08 WRX a while back, but we forgot to come register. (I'm the tech dork) Went through some trials (read disasters) and got a mention from Spartan5 over on RS25.com

Looking forward to being part of the MainelySubarus.com community

spartan5

Awwww Nate,y'makin' me blush!!! Welcome aboard,um, Board...j/k...Ellis east is on here as well,still trying to dig up a response from him,ask around the forum,somebody here is bound to have a fully functioning tranny you can snag,this community is pretty good about helping out fellow members.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I'm collecting RS 4.11 transmissions, so when you get around to pulling it, I've got interested in the trashed one for parts......

BoardDad

Yo tom its josh it took you long enough is the rs at your place
BROSKI!

wow, no kidding, I never listen until it's too late, and I'm in a bind, huh!? The RS, and the WRX are here, holding down some lawn!

Got an appointment up at Pine State Garage (the one on the corner of Mile Road, and US1). They are replacing the radiator in the '03 WRX for $300+tax. Seemed good as Patriot Subaru quoted me $390 (we'll give ya a break - $350) for JUST the radiator... Supposed to go up to Hudson, ME this week or next to pick up a trans for the RS.

Great, would love to get the shot trans out of the basement (after I figure out how to pull it.)

Probably want to do projects on the cars myself, but don't think I'm ready to rescue them from major issues...

Tom

BoardDad

Welcome! Do you ski or board?
Started skateboarding at like age 7, surfing at 17, snowboarding 27, skiing the last 3 years!

I will be teaching skiing & snowboarding this year @ Loon Mountain in NH.

hope to make some turns with some of the community (in cars, and/or on slopes!)

BoardDad

Whats wrong with the trans?
friend drove it home (Doherty ;>)

he says probably a bearing up front, cause he could keep it moving, only if accelerating, and rode brake to keep it going (just from Clayton's to our house, back roads) so pretty sure I need to pull & replace it. At least if this WRX gets going I will be able to park the RS for winter and work on it when I can. Prob sell the WRX wagon after spring

bigsxy

you let james drive it. ill be around on friday if your not doing anything i wanna come look at it and tinker

Latest posts

Back