HELP couple of things

rallyimp

so I've noticed a couple of new oddities with my 02 wrx according to my oil pressure gauge, my oil has gone from around 30 psi at idle during winter to around 24 psi with the temps starting to warm up. since I've had it I have changed the oil every 3k with Mobil 1 and check it about every fill up and the oil lvl is correct. I didn't know if this would be due to the temperatures warming up or something more serious. another thing that's been going on is just recently since Saturday my car has started over heating it has a mishimoto radiator in it that have been having been dealing with breaking top radiator hoses, and because of clearance issues I have unplugged the passenger side fan due to it coming on and chewing threw the hose. I put more fluid in the bottle but I haven't checked the actual fluid in the radiator. if anyone has any ideas on what it could be please let me know thanks, Mike

Matt

oil is warmer in the summer, flows easier than when in the winter oil is thicker and flows like crap....prob explains the slight difference. you should prob figure out a way to use both the fans as it was designed or ditch the radiator and run stock....

Meyagi

I'm a hack
Don't use mobil 1 5w30. Its too thin for turbo subarus. Switch to another synthetic such as royal purple or amsoil

inski

Def better figure out the radiator/fan/hose issue. I've had a couple customer cars with thicker radiators and hose issue like yours. I shortened the hose at one end or another. The Napa hoses are a bit longer, longer ends to work with to find that good spot to sit away from the fans and belts. Its a puzzle but you'll get it. Once its hotter out you'll want both fans running.

Your oil pressure is still very good for an old car.

gl

rallyimp

thanks guys I plugged the fan back in and I also trimmed the hoses more then filled the radiator up some more and its running a lot cooler. ill be switching out the m1 this weekend when I get a chance but once again thanks

Latest posts

Back