Help! I cant get my lawn tractor started

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
I got a riding lawn mower last year and once in awhile it wouldnt start but usually I could just dick with it and all was well again. Well it wont start at all this year and I know the battery is good. It doesn't turn over or anything. I would be willing to pay someone to come to my house and get it working again since ferrari was my go to guy for this stuff and he is gone for the momment. Thanks!

EddieHunt05

bad connections? on the battery, starter, solenoid. Check to see if there all connected and not one ball of rust or something.. If its not a battery or connection issue you would here a click somewhere.

Ty Ty

I'm going with Eddie and saying bad wiring. There's got to be some corrosion or a frayed/loose wire somewhere.

krazykarpenter

I have to go with everyone on this this. If you turn the key and absolutely nothing happens then it is probably electrical. What brand is it by chance? I had some problems with a John Deere starting last year and it was electrical and fuel system realted

diabloadsit

Damn John Deere's. They used to be good. Now most of there stuff is made in Mexico. Go figure there stuff has gone to crap.

Has to be electrical. If you know for sure the battery is good and hear nothing then bad connection.

wzrd

how do you know the battery is good? they die pretty quick....just pop the hood and jump start like a car,you wont even need the car running.....works for me in time of need.

i-wagon

did you try jumping the solenoid to see if it kicks the starter over? if that works it's either the solenoid or wiring coming from the switch. i had one mower that was all f'd up and for a while i ran jumpers right to the starter off my sube. works in times of need

i-wagon

3= let it get hit by a municapal vehicle and hold municipality responsible, because they'll admit fault and blame the driver without even asking him (happens all the time where i work)

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
I got it started I mess with all the battery connections and eventually it started again seems to be working good now. Thanks guys

EddieHunt05

We're here for ya
default_smile.png
even if you do own a BMW
default_wink.png

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Arrrrggggghhhh its not running again. I think I might have killed it messing around with the wiring because it started smoking lol. I just want to take this somewhere or pay someone to look at it. Any sugestions?

Impreza05

Kick it 3 times go have a beer come back hit it then try to start, go have more beer, try again give up play playstation.

krazykarpenter

It might be something to do with the carb. now. Unless the wiring s still f'ed. Put some carb cleaner in the air box and crank it over a few times to get the stuff in there, you may have to try it a couple times. I had this problem last week; mower would not start put some carb cleaner in the air box and whammo she started now it runs great!

Latest posts

Back