HID's installed finally!

Ryan

Lookin good... I should have went with 5k. I got 6k and it's just a wee bit too blue, but not a big deal.

Smiththers

35w, i dont think i'd need the 55w, plus i heard they would be too hot for some headlights, and i didnt wanna take the chance or pay the extra money.

Subysaurus Rex

i had an 8000k kit in my 08 rex....looked awesome till i blew one. so im back to stock. had them for 8 or 9 months but i expected them to not last too long...got the kit for like 50 bucks on ebay hahahah. you get what you pay for (usually)

Blue GT

Any chance we could get a more uneven background for the cutoff shot?? Sorry [/sarcasm] they look really good, but it's hard to see the lines without a wall/flat surface to display the cutoffs.

I had 5000ks in my GT and really likes them, speaking of which i need to upgrade again, what brand are these/where did you get them?

I don't know if other 08+ guys can chime in but do you have the "squirrel finder" in the cutoff shield that lets a little bit of light out above the cutoff?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Lookin good... I should have went with 5k. I got 6k and it's just a wee bit too blue, but not a big deal.
Yeah I got the 6k too, when you look at the headlight it looks a little blue, but the light I see isn't blue at all, it's BRIGHT white!! I love mine

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
I did the xenon route.. the facts of actual hid are really bizarre.

car looks great with the clean lights.

The comparison is the same as photos on my own car (1987!).. with just xenon gas in an incandescent setting..

I chose 65/45, and then dropped in 4 leds to replace socket 194 bulbs...it is still much less consumption than original and looking good while at it.

that brown color is called iron.. the inert gas of old halogens is on its way to extinct. xenon is said to be the most exotic of inert gasses.. and in that fact nothing wants to haunt it- the lights stay bright thier whole life. Halogensin a radon environment can even explode mysteriously..and radon is very very common in maine by nature. Xenon seperates it.

Today the xenon charged bulbs are the same cheapness as the old halogens, the sales really had thier way.

Latest posts

Back